Polley Trolley | The Boneyard

Polley Trolley

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Still not better than Akok, but glad to see his progression from last season, which is serious.

Reaction Score
3D6233E1-0737-4459-BE7F-9268B2C0E850.gif

Reaction Score
Polley is getting better by the day. And with another offseason to add weight he could be very good as a Junior. I’m expecting people to get better in the off season under Hurley.

Akok is a great piece. Might take him time before he hits shot. He shot 24 percent from 3 on the adidas gauntlet.

Reaction Score
Sometimes we get so wrapped up in recruiting battles and the accolades that scouts shower on recruits (see Akok), that we overlook how good some of the current players on the team are (see Polley)...

Polley is a good player and he is getting better. Akok will have to battle for his minutes. Thats good for Akok, thats good for Polley, and thats great for the team.

Reaction Score
I like Polley, but hyping someone after they 16 points against a sub-300 opponent is peak Boneyard.

Against P5 competition he's averaging 7 ppg on 40% shooting (though also 40% from 3). He's a solid shooter who has potential as an effective role player on a very good team.

Reaction Score
I like Polley, but hyping someone after they 16 points against a sub-300 opponent is peak Boneyard.

Against P5 competition he's averaging 7 ppg on 40% shooting (though also 40% from 3). He's a solid shooter who has potential as an effective role player on a very good team.
He showed some balls against arizona too. With his form and confidence his shooting will translate to bigger games

Reaction Score
Again, I like the kid. I think he'll be good here. But our board is acting like he did this against Louisville rather than Lafayette.
I don't think thats the case at all. Theyre recognizing his improvements and potential. It starts with doimg it against the lafeyettes of the world. Its okay to be excited about a 6'8-6'9 shooter with length and above average athleticism

Reaction Score
Akok is better than polley at defense right now and he can shoot the three.
Perhaps against high school kids. There's some history here and nationally where top recruits, (even 5 star) have a tough or longer time adjusting to Div 1 basketball. Too many examples to name, but they were better than Akok in high school.

We once had a top recruit who on national TV, an announcer proclaimed him to be our next great one once he gets on the court. He was good but not great. In fact he didn't even make the NBA, but his brother is thriving.

I know he's being compared to Polley, but Polley is adjusting to Div 1, and playing pretty well. To boot he is now being schooled by a very good coach. Just saying Polley has a big advantage, and will increase it with better play. Akok will be practicing next month allowing for some adjustment but still not game time situations.

Its remarkable how good, talented and competitive Div 1 ballers are nowadays. Its at a point where most top recruits are not better than seasoned vets, until proven. I just think Akok falls into that category as well as the highly recruited guards coming in when compared to Vital. Nothing is guaranteed.

But its a joy seeing a top recruit reach their full potential here and represent in the NBA. Will be fun to watch Akok and see, especially if Polley and Hurley pushes him to reach it.

If Akok is as good as advertised, then great. If not then 'greater', cuz we get him a couple of years minimum.
Either way its a win/win.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't think thats the case at all. Theyre recognizing his improvements and potential. It starts with doimg it against the lafeyettes of the world. Its okay to be excited about a 6'8-6'9 shooter with length and above average athleticism

? Average at his best. Probably a little below average in reality.

If he was above avg athleticism, with his body, and shooting ability, he would have been a high 4star.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Again, I like the kid. I think he'll be good here. But our board is acting like he did this against Louisville rather than Lafayette.
Doing it against Lafayette is a start, no? You have to love his trend line.

I love how some posters on this board love kids the most before they play a minute for us.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The two 3 pointers against Zona in crunch time and stuffed XL is a great sign. The other thing is that he was getting shots in the offense as they came to him. Now I think Hurley will focus on getting him the ball more because his chances to make are better than AG, Jalen, T. Smith or B. Adams. That doesn’t mean they don’t shoot but when we needed it Hurley went to him. It’s a confidence thing too.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

He’s a good spot up shooter.

D and rebounding will determine how good he ends up.

pj

Reaction Score
There's at least 3000 DI players who couldn't shoot 4 for 7 from 3 against Lafayette, so he's already playing with an advanced skill set. Doing it against Lafayette is a step toward learning how to do it against Louisville. And, given their center, he might add some drives to the basket and layups against Louisville.

evmore

FRIENDOftheprogram
Reaction Score
Everyone get on board now, Polley is getting better every game. Hop on board the Polley Trolley because it’s leaving the station with or without the doubters!
Polley has an NBA shot. Very pretty release.. excellent form.

Reaction Score
I’ll add that for those calling for Sid in place of Polley (@superjohn) Sid looked overmatched and completely lost last night. No one is arguing that Sid is a better athlete, but Kwintin is the most athletic guy on our team and we know how that goes. Sid needs to get better ASAP because as of now he is light years behind Polley on both ends of the court. We’re a better team if they can both be out there and performing at a high level, so I’m hoping Sid starts to surprise us.

Reaction Score
Still not better than Akok, but glad to see his progression from last season, which is serious.

Great observation given that we have never seen Akok play.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
? Average at his best. Probably a little below average in reality.

If he was above avg athleticism, with his body, and shooting ability, he would have been a high 4star.

Whcih is why he’s a 4 who needs to pack on some muscle so guys like Cook at Iowa can’t just plow through him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom