Polley time | The Boneyard

Polley time

Reaction Score
This is the game I’ve been waiting for from Polley. Shooting 32% before today from 3 is no where close to what he should be shooting, but that also means it’s the easiest way to elevate this UConn team. If he can start shooting over 40% 3pt, watch out. He’ll be a difference maker in the tournament, somewhat like what Niels Giffey brought in 2014. Between spacing the floor and bringing an additional 10-15 points off the bench, he is exactly what we are missing right now, and think Polley will be the most important variable the rest of the year.

Before his injury a few years ago, he showed he was capable of taking over games. Now is his time as a 5th year senior. I’m fully expecting Polley-mania down this stretch run and in the tournament.

Reaction Score
We need Polley this half too. Has he played in this half yet at all? We all know how we go thru offensive woes/lulls.... it's happening right now. Not good.

Reaction Score
Not to be a Debbie Downer but his history is following up a very good game with 8-10 mediocre to bad games. While I would love to see him be that scorer off the bench the rest of the season, I don't think it's realistic to expect it.
How bout this game though? He's currently in that 1-2 great games

Reaction Score
Great game from him today. Probably was the difference in the game.
Polly's defense is helping his offense. Seems healthy and working the boards. He is 50% better than earlier this year. He is a key and steady hand at the foul line.

Reaction Score
This is the game I’ve been waiting for from Polley. Shooting 32% before today from 3 is no where close to what he should be shooting, but that also means it’s the easiest way to elevate this UConn team. If he can start shooting over 40% 3pt, watch out. He’ll be a difference maker in the tournament, somewhat like what Niels Giffey brought in 2014. Between spacing the floor and bringing an additional 10-15 points off the bench, he is exactly what we are missing right now, and think Polley will be the most important variable the rest of the year.

Before his injury a few years ago, he showed he was capable of taking over games. Now is his time as a 5th year senior. I’m fully expecting Polley-mania down this stretch run and in the tournament.
Polley or Hawkins ( consistent three shooter) makes this team capable of a run. It’s not a knock on the starting 5. But the guy off the bench who could bomb make you able to;
1. Put a team away
2. Come back quickly
3. Prevent doubles on Sonogo totally destroying a defensive game plan.
He/they are the missing piece to moving this team from the good to very good and maybe even great.

Reactions: CV1

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Really nice game by Polley today
He had confidence and played with desire - great to see

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I thought it was weird they went right back to their opening lineup for the start of the 2nd - it didn't work well the first time you tried it?

I think it was Donny who said Dan recognizes the hot hand and plays it and I was oh no, no you didn't? Polley was on one of his hot games and it didn't seem like he got much in the second half at all. Very strangely played game overall tbh.

Reaction Score
The only thing I could think of was he figured that game was over at the half and he wanted Polley to go into Tuesday‘s game with the confidence of perfection.
To beat real good teams it never hurts to have a lights out shooter.
When a guy that shot over or near 40% multiple times in his career is shooting closer to thirty you want that confidence back any way you can.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I thought it was weird they went right back to their opening lineup for the start of the 2nd - it didn't work well the first time you tried it?

I think it was Donny who said Dan recognizes the hot hand and plays it and I was oh no, no you didn't? Polley was on one of his hot games and it didn't seem like he got much in the second half at all. Very strangely played game overall tbh.
That lineup almost never works. Danny is stubborn.

Reaction Score

Hurley does this every single game. Every game. This should surprise no one.

And after the game he took responsibility for the poor starts, so he doesn't se it as a line up rpoblem. He thinks thinks it was his game plan that caused the lapses.

Reaction Score
If Polley plays 80% as well as he did yesterday, in every game, we are a much much better team. I'm just past the point of expecting that to happen.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Polley's hot hand was nice but what really impresses me is how he has improved his defense, rebounding and ball handling over the years. And he went from a set shot only to shooting on the move. Yesterday he sought contact as he hit a 2 from the elbow.
Much respect.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom