Polley/Hawkins are the key to our season. | The Boneyard

Polley/Hawkins are the key to our season.

Reaction Score
When they play well we are as good as anyone in the country.
When they contribute nothing we are a 50 point a night team.

We can even survive if one of them is off. But this passenger stuff kills us. Hurley has got to find a way to get them into the game. Having both of them float at the arc hunting threes has proven to be very hit and miss. Both are good mid-range shooters. Getting them some looks from the foul line or base line would open the game for them. They need to be intregated into the offense. They need to be scorers not shooters.

Reaction Score
Everyone has bad games from time to time. Thats just a fact. But, Polley and Whaley are 5th year Seniors. They absolutely need to be playing a lot more consistent. The one thing that Is mind boggling to me so far this season is Polley. I know shooters tend to go on streaks, but he cannot throw the ball into the ocean this year. He is better than that, but for some reason, the results have not been there.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Everyone has bad games from time to time. Thats just a fact. But, Polley and Whaley are 5th year Seniors. They absolutely need to be playing a lot more consistent. The one thing that Is mind boggling to me so far this season is Polley. I know shooters tend to go on streaks, but he cannot throw the ball into the ocean this year. He is better than that, but for some reason, the results have not been there.
'He is better than that,'
no, he isn't, and never was.
let's just look at his 9 years of stats, shall we?
dagger trey? my butt. and that's the only thing he's known for.
nothing else.
whaley is consistent, necessary, and on a team with more than a few such players, indispensible.
hawk is new. he gets a pass. mebbe he should switch to decafe.
he acts like he's tweaked, or tweakin, sometimes. mebbe he should be twerkin instead. at least it would keep him in one place. he can fly, tho.
we're pulling for you jordan.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Opponents haven’t been letting him get his feet set. Watch how many shots he takes moving or twisting… and missing.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Cole is the key to our season. If opponents can limit him, we lose. Getting Sanogo back will help a lot.

Reaction Score
I understand the disappointment in Tyler but Whaley has played well. He is just not a scorer.

Reaction Score
The OP is correct. This is magnified by Sonogo’s injury.
I wouldn’t put names to it because Gaffney can also have a big night but Polley and Hawkins are the most likely.. Akok gave us almost nothing which hurt. His importance is also magnified without Sonogo. (Where’s Carlton when you need him. )/S
But one of those guys have to step up with a steady 2-5 or even 2-6 from the three and we an entirely different team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom