Polley has successful surgery | The Boneyard

Polley has successful surgery

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Good to hear.

I always laugh when I see "successful" surgery. As if any doctor is going to say their surgery wasn't successful.
I think that was Tyler reporting and you never know what you are going to find once inside! My golf partner went in to have an arthroscopic procedure for some chronic knee pain and came back with a diagnosis of bone cancer!

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Polley wanna rehab?

Tyler Phommachanh can at least work on building up his upper strength during rehab.

AJ Price came back after his ACL surgery to be the best point guard in the Big East the following season. He went down in March and recovered quickly.

Reaction Score
Anyone know the rule on if he will qualify for a 5th year?

Reaction Score
Agree with @UConnStats

It's not unheard of to come back in 8-10 months. It's certainly possible he's ready before Big East play next year...at the latest. He probably won't be up for the Husky Run, but some time in November is probably doable.

Reaction Score
Good to hear.

I always laugh when I see "successful" surgery. As if any doctor is going to say their surgery wasn't successful.
Just ask Bobby Jenks, former MLB pitcher.

Reaction Score
Id rather see him sit out next year and come back the following year as a 5th year. The kid deserves to be the best player he could be and play an entire season in tithe big east. He should also be on a tournament team which is a good way to go out.

Reaction Score
They always report the surgery was successful. The recovery and rehabilitation need to be successful as well.

Reaction Score
I really feel for him. Tyler had the best game of his career and then this happens. Just leaves us wondering if it was a fluke or a glimpse of what Tyler Phommachanh is capable of when completely focused. I think he's going to work real hard to get back by the beginning of the season.

Reaction Score
Tyler Phommachanh can at least work on building up his upper strength during rehab.

AJ Price came back after his ACL surgery to be the best point guard in the Big East the following season. He went down in March and recovered quickly.
I believe 2nd team all America too

Reaction Score
Agree with @UConnStats

It's not unheard of to come back in 8-10 months. It's certainly possible he's ready before Big East play next year...at the latest. He probably won't be up for the Husky Run, but some time in November is probably doable.

Unrelated to Polley, but we don't do the Husky Run any more. The real question will be getting cleared for full contact practices.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Young athletes are typically going to come in on the short end. The average includes overweight old farts like me.
The trend is now to go slightly longer before return to sport. There are some objective data and check points that athletes need to achieve, it's not just a matter of time. In young athletes the leg and mind have to both be ready to play. 8-10 months more than 6-8 months.

Reaction Score
The trend is now to go slightly longer before return to sport. There are some objective data and check points that athletes need to achieve, it's not just a matter of time. In young athletes the leg and mind have to both be ready to play. 8-10 months more than 6-8 months.
Agree. I make all my ACLs go through a validated ACL return to play checklist which includes functional tests, side to side comparison and interestingly psychological confidence. There has been a lot of great data in the mental aspect and its impact on return to play. I have a hard time letting any major athlete return before 9 months. Usually 10-12.

Reaction Score
There is a legit mental issue about it happening again. Takes a while to get past that. I know some folks come back quickly, but it scared the crap out of me.

Did it keep you from getting through the ball on the tee 68? ;)

Reaction Score
Best on your recovery and come back Tyler. Be sure you're ready although we hope you are!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom