Poll - Will Amari or Piath be used as a FF sub? | The Boneyard

Poll - Will Amari or Piath be used as a FF sub?

Will Amari or Piath be used as a FF sub for Liv or AE?

• Yes, only Amari

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • Yes, only Piath.

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Yes, both Amari & Piath will.

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • No, neither will.

Votes: 83 62.9%
  • I Don't Know/ No Opinion / Headache

Votes: 16 12.1%

• Total voters

sun

Reaction Score
The unexpected has occurred.
Will Amari or Piath be used as a FF sub for Liv or AE?

#DoubleTwinTowerPower4TwinCitiesFF!
620066237a053.image.jpg

Last edited:

sun

Reaction Score
The problem with not playing them in is that the starters will become too passive and afraid to block shots and commit a foul.
Then UConn will suffer.
It's better to bring them in for a few minutes to provide rest and to limit the fouls of the starting bigs so they can play at the end of the game.

Reaction Score
As much as I love both Piath and Amari (along with the rest of the team), I don’t think Geno suddenly decides to use them unless they’re comfortable ahead and even then he’d probably only put them in for the last minute or two so the players that will play against SC/Louisville will have a few more reps. Maybe next year, but I don’t see it happening this year.

Reaction Score
If fouls becoming a issue...Geno will be "generous" with the
minutes, if only untill the " mistakes" outnumber the benefits.
Everybody eats! Next player up!

Reaction Score
No attack at the OP but this poll is borderline silly. No vote here as common sense will rule with most that follow the game and Geno's MO.
Very glad that both get to experience a a final four rewarded for their hard work in practice and team attitude.
In 34 games one has seen the floor 79 minutes the other 64, Geno has been known in the past to even have 4 guards in the lineup.
Of course anything is possible.

Reaction Score
If NC State was an indicator, Ms. Westbrook to the 4, which, for me, seems untenable against Stanford's great passing team with such talented bigs, not to mention the 6'1" PG who frequently penetrates and dishes. Ms. Ducharme would seem a reasonable alternative (if not to counter said PG's height), however, she appears to still be navigating the effects of her injury.

As for defense, those of us who've not been watching practice everyday have no idea how either of the two bench posts would handle extended, meaningful minutes on the floor.

One would hope UConn would be able to leverage their height, experience practicing over their entire freshman / sophomore seasons, and this week of practice to prep worst-case scenarios, though it doesn't appear so.

Best, I suppose, to hope that the two starters never get into foul trouble. Though that may be akin to never bringing an umbrella to the park, in the hopes that it'll never rain... ;)

Reaction Score
Against Stanford, Coach knows that the defense will have to work hard against their motion offense. So, all 8 will see action as he substitutes more often to keep starters fresh. The likelihood of Caroline being on the floor with only one either AE or ONO becomes higher. Stanford is going to utilize its depth and try to run UConn to the ground, so Coach will want to use all 8 with enough minutes. Caveat: by the 4thQ, if the game is tight, he will stay with the starters and stop running.....much like they did against NC State. Fran Belibi is not an easy matchup, neither is Cameron Brink. Christyn will probably see a lot of Haley Jones.

Against SC if that game should happen, their post players are expected to be a plus for them against UConn even with Dorka.

Desperate times? Coach will play 4 guards: Paige, Azzi, Christyn and Evina before any other guard combination - just like against NC State.

sun

Reaction Score
I posted this poll this on Facebook and the results were:

Only Amari will play - 17 votes
Only Piath will play - 2 votes
Both Amari & Piath will play - 32 votes
Neither will play - 83 votes
No opinion - 3 votes

51 people think that at least one of them will play, while 83 think that neither will play.
About 38% of those on FB with an opinion think that at least one will play.
For comparison, on the BY it's about 23% of those with an opinion who think that at least one will play.

Merging the results of both polls shows that 32.7% of those with an opinion think that at least one will play.
Depending on circumstances, UConn may need a bench big to play before their run is over.
We'll just need to wait and see what happens.

Reaction Score
Will they play no.

But should one of them play, yes. I hope Geno gives Amari some minutes. Do a zone on D. Amari will give you some offense as we have seen.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t see both Liv and AE playing 40 minutes. Geno will probably sub Evina and CD when one of them sits. Maybe Piath gets some minutes if their bigs are controlling things.

Reaction Score
I think Geno plays 8 players in this game, and that 8th is probably not Amari or Piath. I think Evina gets the bulk of Dorka's time. I think Caroline could be a big factor as she probably gets at least a few more minutes this game one would hope. Either Liv or AE probably gets into foul trouble. If Caroline didn't get a concussion, everything about her recovery indicates that she's being handled like she did. She goes in for short spurts and they seem to ask her if she's ok when she comes out. Can't wait for this game. It's going to be Frazier / Ali.

sun

Reaction Score
Every UConn player that enters the games will play their heart out, even if it's only for a minute or three.
Every player has strengths and weaknesses, but each can contribute something.
It's all about Geno deciding whether or not someone's talents are needed in order to give the team the best chance to win.
Every play and every second counts towards the final result.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If either one gets more minutes than CD, she should be seriously concerned.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom