Poll: Who is the AAC Player of the Year? | The Boneyard

Poll: Who is the AAC Player of the Year?

Who is Your AAC Player of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
AAC Player of the Year race too close to call

I'm only going to list UConn players as I'll be stunned if a player like Fitzgerald of Temple, Gregory of UCF or Morgan of Tulane will get enough votes. They may well make the AAC All Conference Team. Laksa of USF is a talented player and may replace one of the three on the All Conference team.

Players listed alphabetically and will include Other as a voting choice. While I don't think Kia will win, I've included her as an option.

Reaction Score
I voted for Gabby for any of KLS, Collier or Gabby are excellent choices.. In my opinion, you cant go wrong with any of those 3 choices.

Kia is awesome but stats wise, cant be considered for player of the year. Will likely be 2nd team all AAC IMO.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Gabby, for the all around game and terrific energy she brings to the floor; but, to me Kia, Lou, Gabby and Phee are The Four Horsewomen of WCBB.

The Four Horsewomen.jpg

If you see these four on the bench, you lost!

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Isn't that a picture of Nurse Colliamson? I always wondered what she looked like.

Reaction Score
Any of the core 4 could win... but agree Kia doesn't have the offensive stats. Nor does Gabby likely in eye of voters... so toss up between Lou and Phessa.

As an aside, we need them all to make all confirm 1st team... because history likely shows if a player doesn't MAKE all confwrench 1st team, they won't make AA....

Reaction Score
In my estimation, so far, Collier has 12 player of the game awards (limited to one selection only), Williams 10 and Samuelson 4. So at this point it's a close contest. I voted for Collier but will the conference tournament games performances count with the actual award?

Reaction Score
Any of Gabby, Lou or Pheesa could win. They've all had some really big games, but I voted for Pheesa, because she's been the most consistent, and she's done a lot of damage against in-conference teams. If it's the conference coaches who are voting, they'll remember who beat them up, not who beat up Notre Dame or SC, or who puked and rallied against Maryland.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I voted for Napheesa, because she is an amazing player. She is improving daily, and no one can defend her.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Gabby, for the all around game and terrific energy she brings to the floor; but, to me Kia, Lou, Gabby and Phee are The Four Horsewomen of WCBB.

View attachment 20066

If you see these four on the bench, you lost!

I like that phrase Rocky. I wish I thought of it. :) Come to think of it, you can also say that if you see them on the court.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I haven't followed UCONN as closely during conference play, but it is hard for me not to choose Collier for UCONN MVP for the season. She is the one player that scares me from all over the court and seems to be the most consistent player on the team. I fell like I always know what I am going to get from Collier and rarely has a game where she disappears. She is just so smooth and fluid that she makes everything look easy.

Reaction Score
If the award is just for AAC games then Collier has it....however, if the vote is for out of conference games, Gabby 's stats are superior not only for UCONN but also compared to the so called preseason AA's.. tough call for overall

Reaction Score
I haven't followed UCONN as closely during conference play, but it is hard for me not to choose Collier for UCONN MVP for the season. She is the one player that scares me from all over the court and seems to be the most consistent player on the team. I fell like I always know what I am going to get from Collier and rarely has a game where she disappears. She is just so smooth and fluid that she makes everything look easy.
I agree, and Geno says "she is a really good three-point shooter" as she is starting to show. She really is Tuck 2.0, albeit a couple inches shorter, but similar personality and skill set, and she's only a sophomore. The one thing that has set UConn apart in recent years is the versatility of post players that can play on the perimeter as well as down low going back to Dolson who could shoot the 3.

Reaction Score
Someone made the point elsewhere that Geno may not be having the best season of coaches in the AAC (Tonya gets their nod). In the same idiom, I believe that Napheesa is the best player in the AAC, but Gabby is a better candidate for NPOY. Pheesa carries this team, but it is Gabby that elevates UConn on a National level.

I don't THINK I'll get crucified for that opinion...but who knows, nowadays?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Someone made the point elsewhere that Geno may not be having the best season of coaches in the AAC (Tonya gets their nod). In the same idiom, I believe that Napheesa is the best player in the AAC, but Gabby is a better candidate for NPOY. Pheesa carries this team, but it is Gabby that elevates UConn on a National level.

I don't THINK I'll get crucified for that opinion...but who knows, nowadays?

I agree. I think that part of what garners Gabby more attention is that some of the things she does on the court are so spectacularly athletic and make you go "WOW!" But Collier is so smooth and skilled as a basketball player that I always expect her to be the steady one that always seems to make the right decision. IMO, she is the glue of the team.

But, let me say, I love watching KLS shoot the ball. Her shot is a thing of beauty and I am surprised whenever one of her shots does not go in. Gabby may be the best female athlete I have seen on the court since Marion Jones. She makes some plays that no other player in WCBB can make and watching her is so much fun because she has the type of athletic ability that makes you want to watch just to see what she may do on any given possession.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom