Poll: Which Internet Browser Are You Using? | The Boneyard

Poll: Which Internet Browser Are You Using?

Which Internet Browser you using?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I've been on Chrome for years switching from Firefox (for years). Now that my PC recently updated and Microsoft is pushing Edge, I'm thinking of switching (just because).

Chrome and Firefox had a thousand extensions/add-ons which I liked and used, but unsure if Edge has the same.

Lately Chrome has slowed down especially with Flash videos.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I use Chrome 99% of the time. Still keep a copy of Firefox on hand for sites that don't lay out correctly in Chrome. from what I can see, the latest firefox is lighter on its feet than it was when I switched to Chrome a couple computers ago, but still heavier than Chrome.

Reaction Score
Firefox for a few years at home, then ran into some issues at work (where IE was the default) and Chrome was the answer.
Liked it and have been using it at home ever since. Then again, the distance between work and home PC, is less than 3 feet.

@TRest - don't be a hater.

Reaction Score
Chrome on mobile, Firefox on PC. I hate chrome on mobile but everyone else sucks too

Reaction Score
I've been on Chrome for years switching from Firefox (for years). Now that my PC recently updated and Microsoft is pushing Edge, I'm thinking of switching (just because).

Chrome and Firefox had a thousand extensions/add-ons which I liked and used, but unsure if Edge has the same.

Same here. If you end up testing Edge, let me know what you think.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score

Flash? Are you sure your problems are not the result of having the most insecure - dangerous - and least useful computer program on your computer? Flash is a security breach not just waiting to happen, but breach most likely has already occurred.

Chrome / Firefox. Edge is a bloated pile of detritus. With Edge comes that abomination known as Cortana, which demonstrates Siri is as bad as an idea as you originally thought.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
PC: Chrome mostly, Firefox off and on, Opera off and on (VPN).

Android: Slimsperience, Opera, and Chrome

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Flash? Are you sure your problems are not the result of having the most insecure - dangerous - and least useful computer program on your computer? Flash is a security breach not just waiting to happen, but breach most likely has already occurred.

Problem is a lot of big streaming sites still use it (Hulu, HBO Go, Showtime, Pandora/spotify, CBS/NBC/Fox, NYT, MLB, Vimeo, plus a number of major financial firms.

What can you do?

Reaction Score
People still use internet explorer??? Haha that is cute. The people who created that have taken a nice ten+ year nap. Firefox was nice as a replacement for a bit in the first few years on the scene but pretty much sucks just as bad now. For me it is Chrome and nothing more. Maybe opera if I need it but they plateaued too.

Last edited:

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I use Safari on my old mac because I'm too lazy to create bookmarks on chrome and i hate myself.
You win the award of being so lazy that a 20 second, 2 mouse click task ( export in safari, import in chrome) is the deciding factor.

Kudos.

I’m a fan

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Chrome is a resource succubus now too.

Go open your processes sometime after you open a few chrome tabs for a while.

Drives me nuts. I manually end chrome processes at least once a day

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
You win the award of being so lazy that a 20 second, 2 mouse click task ( export in safari, import in chrome) is the deciding factor.

Kudos.

I’m a fan
When I open a new window in safari it displays my favorites in a pleasing manner. Although I’ve noticed chrome shows my most visited pages when I use it at work.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Same here. If you end up testing Edge, let me know what you think.

Initially I didn't like Edge. Got a new PC recently and would say it outperforms Chrome now.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Month, to date.

7ACAFE04-4D62-42A8-9FCC-33D78D79292F.jpeg

Reaction Score
Been using Opera for two years. Love it and it's not google.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Mostly Firefox and Chrome. Since we are an all Apple house, also have Safari.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Chrome is a resource succubus now too.

Go open your processes sometime after you open a few chrome tabs for a while.

Drives me nuts. I manually end chrome processes at least once a day

Depending on your usage habits: The Great Suspender

As a yuuuuge tab guy, mine line up quite nicely for this extension.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom