Poll: What role should TJ have next season? | The Boneyard

Poll: What role should TJ have next season?

Poll: What role should TJ have next season?

• Head coach - Warde/Herbst owe it to him for keeping program together and restoring a pulse

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • offensive coordinator - wouldn't make sense for new HC to start from scratch again

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • WR coach - New HC should pick his coordinator, but TJ's strength is coaching WRs

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • None - new HC deserves right to pick own staff and TJ will land on his feet somewhere else

Votes: 20 43.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IMO deserves to be handsomely rewarded -- just not sure it should be the big office in the Burton.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He's either going to be the HC here or an OC at a big school.

Just the fact that he could right this ship in mid-season, improve morale, adjust coaching roles and make personnel changes on the fly will get him in to many interviews.

Regardless all of us UConn fans are eternally grateful that in six weeks he showed it was definitely a coaching problem and not a player problem.

Reaction Score
Chin Diesel said:
He's either going to be the HC here or an OC at a big school.

Just the fact that he could right this ship in mid-season, improve morale, adjust coaching roles and make personnel changes on the fly will get him in to many interviews.

Regardless all of us UConn fans are eternally grateful that in six weeks he showed it was definitely a coaching problem and not a player problem.

If I could like more I would.

Reaction Score
I said none, but I do think that if the new HC is a defensive guy he might keep TJW on just to keep continuity on Offense.

Reaction Score
truthfully, I think he's earned at least an interview for the HC spot, but given that we really need to make a big splash with this new hire, I doubt he will be the new coach.

if someone else is hired, tj will not stay with the program.

Reaction Score
You have to feel bad for him. I think he preserved his credibility and would have to be a candidate for one of the MAC HC jobs.
I would like him to stay as OC but with a new HC that's unlikely.
The firing of PP with a brutal part of the schedule coming up and rookie QB's sealed his fate. He would have get to 6 maybe 5 wins to become our next HC.

Reaction Score
I think he deserves a big "Thank You" for getting this team to the finish line. I hope we finish strong with a victory over Memphis but I think the new HC, whom ever that is should maybe consider some staff position but should not be told to hire him. I've always respected him and it's grown because of the way he handled the Team and the remaining season. The new HC will have to look at TJ's body of work and make a decision. The only problem is they always seem to have a list of "their guys" but he has done a professional, respectable job as well as the other coaches.

Reaction Score
He probably will not be with the team next year, but he has added what he needs to his resume and should land a HC position somewhere. We don't know how good a recruiter he is. If he can recruit well in the Northeast then he deserves a shot at HC. If we keep him it does not have to be a rebuilding year or start over year.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It is highly unlikely that the new HC would want the interim HC around when he starts putting his stamp on the program. It is very doubtful that TJ would want to return in a diminished role. It doesn't appear that TJ would be a big enough splash for what WM wants to do here so TJ's next job will be on the staff of someone who has known him for some time. My guess is Taggart @ USF brings TJ in to fix their offense.

Reaction Score
The new head coach should be allowed to bring in his staff. Would love for Coach Weist to have a position, but I understand that he likely won't be retained by the new staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom