POLL: Seeding Show or Root Canal | The Boneyard

POLL: Seeding Show or Root Canal

Reaction Score
I don’t get this eager anticipation for these shows. All it tells us for sure is who your favorite team plays in the 1st round. Everything else is conjecture for the talking heads. Who has the toughest road to the Final Four. What nonsense. I’ll tell you who has the toughest road to the Final Four............Butler. Wake me up when the games begin.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Root canals get a bad rap.

I was up all night once with an agonizing toothache, and a root canal scheduled for 9 a.m.

The hands on the clock would not move fast enough.

I was never so happy to plop down in the dentist`s chair.

Seeding shows, on the other hand, tend to be pretty boring unless your team is on the bubble. We don`t even have locations to focus on this year.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Seeding show. Everyday. And twice on Monday.

Reaction Score
I don’t get this eager anticipation for these shows. All it tells us for sure is who your favorite team plays in the 1st round. Everything else is conjecture for the talking heads. Who has the toughest road to the Final Four. What nonsense. I’ll tell you who has the toughest road to the Final Four............Butler. Wake me up when the games begin.
Then don’t watch move in bad thread

Reaction Score
. . . Who has the toughest road to the Final Four. What nonsense. I’ll tell you who has the toughest road to the Final Four............Butler.. . .
The question presumes that a road exists - which it doesn't for Butler. I would suggest that the
team with the toughest road is UConn's 1st round opponent.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I will just watch the BY to see where UConn ends up. Can't stand listening to ESPN drag out the selection process even with Lobo on set. I won't listen to Coach Landers mispronounce Liv's last name for the millionth time. If ESPN does not have the foresight to teach him the correct pronunciation of her name then they have NO RESPECT for the Women's game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The men's selection show on CBS has been much watch TV for me since elementary school. The women's selection show is pretty brutal to watch.. Though I still watch it when I can

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I have had 9 root canals over the years. No big deal. Selection shows can be a big bore but I will watch tonight.

Reaction Score
I hope there is a show that focuses on 1st round match-ups, and continuing on in each round.

Reaction Score
I hope there is a show that focuses on 1st round match-ups, and continuing on in each round.
My god. How much pain can a person take. I’ll have to start a new poll. Maybe: match up shows or ingrown toe nails.

Reaction Score
My god. How much pain can a person take. I’ll have to start a new poll. Maybe: match up shows or ingrown toe nails.
Not much more! That is why I hope we get a show that speaks to the upcoming match-ups.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I think the NCAA is wrong to throw the 4 Regional sites aside in the coming years.
It made the Selection shows more interesting if you were planning on attending a Regional such as Albany or Bridgeport; it was always interesting to see the possible teams that you might see.

Reaction Score
That was the worst presentation in NCAA history. Giving the strong impression that NC State was the overall top seed was unforgivable, and they never ever sorted that out. After UConn’s bracket was announced, I turned it off in total disgust. Whoever produced that show should be fired and blackballed from ever working again in Television. A high school journalism class could have done a better job.

Reaction Score
That was the worst presentation in NCAA history. Giving the strong impression that NC State was the overall top seed was unforgivable, and they never ever sorted that out. After UConn’s bracket was announced, I turned it off in total disgust. Whoever produced that show should be fired and blackballed from ever working again in Television. A high school journalism class could have done a better job.
Usually it's top seed first but after NC State was announced I figured they were the fourth No. 1. Then UConn is announced last for No. 1 seeds. Don't get why they announced this way but ESPN did a crappy job last night!

Reaction Score
Watching selection shows is more for historical reasons that anything else. I remember the days before this information was readily available on the internet, sitting down with a blank bracket and filling out the teams. I would then plot my plans for obtaining tickets. I still watch to listen to the talking heads but if I find it unpleasant, I stop watching. I have had several root canals and I still prefer to watch selection shows.

Reaction Score
For those of you who don't like the Selection Show . . . DON'T WATCH.
Thank you! So much complaining about everything. Try finding some happiness in the fact we are even having a tournament and there is even a selection show (meaning the sport has enough fanfare).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom