Poll, Sanity Check: The BY vs GA | The Boneyard

Poll, Sanity Check: The BY vs GA

You vs Geno, who knows basketball better

• I am a BB God. Geno should retire now and name me HC.

• I am smarter than Geno. He should hire me so I can correct his errors. (I want CDs job.)

• I am just as smart as Geno. He should call me for advise.

• I am pretty good at BB, but Geno is better. I wouldn't have the nerve to criique him to his face.

• Geno is the best coach of all time. It really doesn't matter what I know.

• Geno is the basketball God. Those who dare to critique him shall burn for their blasphemy.

• None of the above. Geno may be smarter than me but I reserve the right to critique him.

Results are only viewable after voting.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
OK, Yarders I'm a little put out by some of the recent insanity. So for my very first thread I thought what better than to gauge the current lunacy level of the Boneyard. Here is the test I have devised to measure that; tell me how do you stack up against Geno? Are you brave enough to tell the truth?

For what it's worth my choice is #5.

Hope I did this right.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the poll. I agree the insanity level is off the charts. Winning four in a row raised the level of expectations so high that anything less was a failure. Hopefully Megan, Batouly, and Kyla can contribute more next season to help the core group, Lou, Pheesa, and Crystal who will have to carry the load. The two incoming freshman may help but any real contributions from them will be an added bonus.

Reaction Score
If you replace GA now then our 2 recruits for next year go somewhere else and Crystal, Pheesa & KLS transfer & immediately play as Sheperd was at ND. WOW maybe they all go ND.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the poll. I agree the insanity level is off the charts. Winning four in a row raised the level of expectations so high that anything less was a failure. Hopefully Megan, Batouly, and Kyla can contribute more next season to help the core group, Lou, Pheesa, and Crystal who will have to carry the load. The two incoming freshman may help but any real contributions from them will be an added bonus.

contributions from the two freshmen are more then an added bonus, they're an absolute necessity.............how else can you replace the 45 points per game that UConn has lost? It's all hands on deck next year barring any quality incoming transfer that can play immediately................without trying to sound mean, the somewhat weak 2016 class (minus CD) has really come back to bite the Huskies........

Reaction Score
Our players would never go to play with a player who does not play the game the right way. I feel sorry for the other players.

Reaction Score
Spoiled we are and it is Geno and CD's fault. Thank you to all the coaches and players for helping us to dream about winning it all every year. As Geno has said, we are all looking for perfection in an imperfect world. I am already dreaming about our team and the expectations for next year. UConn number 1 in our hearts.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
If you replace GA now then our 2 recruits for next year go somewhere else and Crystal, Pheesa & KLS transfer & immediately play as Sheperd was at ND. WOW maybe they all go ND.

None considering ND, looking at their players and injuries, my first question would be are you firing your conditioning coach?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I want to point out (again) an extraordinary decision which Geno made four years ago (against all intuition and probably all advice) which directly contributed to UConn reaching the Final Four in the last two years.

That was the decision to convert Gabby from being a point guard (as she was in high school) to being a forward. I don't believe that Muffit, Vic, Jeff, or ANY other coach would have made that decision, or would have been able to keep Gabby from transferring if they had tried to do that with her. She would have been a fairly good point guard in college, although the lack of a 3-point shot would really have limited her in that position. With Moriah and then Crystal in the mix, she might not have started and probably would have been a four-year bench player. And UConn wouldn't have had anyone to guard Kalani Brown, Alaina Coates, A'ja Wilson, or any of the other bigs that have played against them in the last four years (until this year when Azura arrived, and she wasn't ready for that defensive responsibility anyway).

Now Gabby can look forward to being a high first-round draft pick in the WNBA (never mind being touted on ESPN as the best athlete in all of college basketball, either men or women), instead of being maybe a second-round pick as a point guard.

That decision worked out really well both for UConn and for Gabby, and I don't think there is any other coach who could have pulled it off, if indeed any of them would even have attempted it.

Reaction Score
Thus far 34 people have declared they are less smart than me. I look forward to you 34, and you know who you are, deferring to me on all future WCBB matters. As for the 2 who are smarter than I, well, I just won't read your threads.
:D

Reaction Score
None of the above. I would just love to have 10 minutes to ask a few candid questions, and get a few honest answers. I love the game of BB and respect everything Geno and the team have accomplished. It wouldn't be a critique , just more of explanation of questions I would have. I would love to be enlightened. Maybe that should be added to your poll !

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Thus far 34 people have declared they are less smart than me. I look forward to you 34, and you know who you are, deferring to me on all future WCBB matters. As for the 2 who are smarter than I, well, I just won't read your threads.

Finally, someone saw the humor. Rocky warned me, start a thread it goes in every direction except the one you intended.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
All of the above - it all depends on what just happened during the game.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I didn’t vote, because I would like an option below 4 and above 5.

Humble as I should be, I would tell Geno that I think he made a big mistake in not starting Z for the second half of the last game!
Really? 36-0 on the season, up by 7 at the half, but hey let's change the starting line-up that's worked all year. Yea, that's a good idea.

giphy.gif

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
None of the above. I would just love to have 10 minutes to ask a few candid questions, and get a few honest answers. I love the game of BB and respect everything Geno and the team have accomplished. It wouldn't be a critique , just more of explanation of questions I would have. I would love to be enlightened. Maybe that should be added to your poll !

Humble as I should be, I would tell Geno that I think he made a big mistake in not starting Z for the second half of the last game!

All of the above - it all depends on what just happened during the game.

I respect your right not to participate; square peg, round hole, I get that. I thought about adding a "none of the above" for those who felt like you do, but I wanted participants to be required to make a choice of how they really see themselves in comparison to Geno. Besides, I wouldn't have been able to resist the temptation to snarkasm, it would have read:

None of the above. It is my God given right as a Uconn fan to critique Geno whenever he doesn't win by 30 or more. :D

Reaction Score
OK, Yarders I'm a little put out by some of the recent insanity. So for my very first thread I thought what better than to gauge the current lunacy level of the Boneyard. Here is the test I have devised to measure that; tell me how do you stack up against Geno? Are you brave enough to tell the truth?

For what it's worth my choice is #5.

Hope I did this right.
Like the poll but I couldn't choose any of your options
I love your post! I'd think yours should be added and I have a slightly different choice.
No doubt Geno is amongst the greatest coaches in all if team sports but even so, he is human and still can learn or adapt. So while I'd like to hear his answers and explanations, I'd make a few critiques which he could laugh off / dismiss or maybe consider a bit.
We should never in basketball or life, look up to someone as great as they might be, and just accept everything they do, without questioning it. This is a major problem in many organizations, families, whatever, where people often surround themselves only with those that tell them how wonderful they are and what they want to hear. Even the very best of us in any field should be unable to learn, adjust, change. Unfortunately many of our schools prefer and encourage this lack of critical thinking and questioning.
The world and even Geno and U Conn basketball are a better place, when one is questioning and challenging the status quo.
Bronx23

Reaction Score

ME TWO or ME TOO!
Also their slow starts at the beginning of the game, in the third period and in overtime as well as his overtime record should point to the need for some adjustments!
Bronx23

Reaction Score
I also didn't vote as my vote would be something between 4 and 5. Even though he is the best coach ever, he can do better. If he had, I think they would have won it all this year, but it still takes the players to execute. Of course, it's easy to sit on a couch and imagine all that could have been done. It's much harder in the heat of a game to make it happen. There is a lot of black and white thinking that goes on today. Few people, it seems, can handle the subtleties of deeper analysis. Maybe it was always this way.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
I also didn't vote as my vote would be something between 4 and 5. Even though he is the best coach ever, he can do better. If he had, I think they would have won it all this year, but it still takes the players to execute. Of course, it's easy to sit on a couch and imagine all that could have been done. It's much harder in the heat of a game to make it happen. There is a lot of black and white thinking that goes on today. Few people, it seems, can handle the subtleties of deeper analysis. Maybe it was always this way.

OK, by popular demand a new category has been added. It subverts the intent of the poll but I bow to the will of the people. All are free to change their vote. :cool:

Reaction Score

Now up to 83 people who are inferior to me. I of course am not surprised but am glad y'all realized this on your own.
:cool:

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Now up to 83 people who are inferior to me. I of course am not surprised but am glad y'all realized this on your own.
:cool:

Oh, your doing your happy dance now, but wait till CD finds out you want her job. Your dead meat pal.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Really? 36-0 on the season, up by 7 at the half, but hey let's change the starting line-up that's worked all year. Yea, that's a good idea.

giphy.gif
Why were they up by seven at the half? What player was mainly responsible for that lead? You complain about that post? Sometimes situations call for different decisions. It seems for you Geno can do no wrong. What was the result of his unbending decision? Another semi-final loss and loss of a very important player. I said result, not cause of the loss of both the game and player. To some of these new recruits 36 and 0 mean little if it does not result in a NC. What do you think unsigned players are talking about at this time, UCONN's 36 and 0 record or ND National Championship?

Reaction Score
Like the poll but I couldn't choose any of your options

I love your post! I'd think yours should be added and I have a slightly different choice.
No doubt Geno is amongst the greatest coaches in all if team sports but even so, he is human and still can learn or adapt. So while I'd like to hear his answers and explanations, I'd make a few critiques which he could laugh off / dismiss or maybe consider a bit.
We should never in basketball or life, look up to someone as great as they might be, and just accept everything they do, without questioning it. This is a major problem in many organizations, families, whatever, where people often surround themselves only with those that tell them how wonderful they are and what they want to hear. Even the very best of us in any field should be unable to learn, adjust, change. Unfortunately many of our schools prefer and encourage this lack of critical thinking and questioning.
The world and even Geno and U Conn basketball are a better place, when one is questioning and challenging the status quo.
Bronx23
Wow! My fellow Bronxite, that was a great post! True for life beyond the court as it is for basketball.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Why were they up by seven at the half? What player was mainly responsible for that lead? You complain about that post? Sometimes situations call for different decisions. It seems for you Geno can do no wrong. What was the result of his unbending decision? Another semi-final loss and loss of a very important player. I said result, not cause of the loss of both the game and player. To some of these new recruits 36 and 0 mean little if it does not result in a NC. What do you think unsigned players are talking about at this time, UCONN's 36 and 0 record or ND National Championship?
Ridiculous. Just freaking ridiculous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom