Poll: Paying for the Courant | The Boneyard

Poll: Paying for the Courant

Paying for the Courant - Do you? Would you?

• 1) I currently pay for a subscription (print only).

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • 2) I currently pay for a subscription (print and online)

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • 3) I might pay, if it was super cheap.

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • 4) I wouldn't pay for the Courant in a million years.

Votes: 34 70.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Every once in a while, I'll click on a link that won't let me read the article and offers me a couple subscription offers. I usually chuckle at the thought of paying for the Courant, but today got curious and wondered if I was in the majority or minority here.

Reaction Score
It won't be around in 20 years but I picked never in a million years :)

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Every once in a while, I'll click on a link that won't let me read the article and offers me a couple subscription offers. I usually chuckle at the thought of paying for the Courant, but today got curious and wondered if I was in the majority or minority here.
Copy the link, go to google, paste the address in search bar, hit search. It will take you to the article and allow you to read it without a subscription. I don't think anyone actually pays anymore.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Deepster said:

When that happens , go to google type in the name of the article and click on the search result and boom you are around the paywall.

Reaction Score
Bit of a misleading poll - you get free digital with print

Reaction Score
Not a big deal, Deepster.

Since Jacobs is a hot topic this a.m. - Like him or not, his job is to express an opinion, and opinions are gas on Internet fires today. If he sparks a debate, he's done his job. Do I agree with him all the time? No. But, e.g., I do like his campaigning for a P5 home for UConn. And clearly, people are reading and reacting.

I'm well aware that the Courant is a shell of its former self. But in terms of "news," the Courant still offers info I find worthwhile. In today's paper - info about Brimah's finger, Morgan Tuck's knee and Breanna Stewart tutoring Katie Lou on the UConn beat.

Reaction Score
What do advertisers think of a subscription base that is probably 1/10th of what it used to be? These paywalls are ridiculous.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It is one of the worst performing websites I've ever come across. Ridiculously slow and difficult to navigate.

I wouldn't consider paying a cent until they fix it. I know they are using a corporate template that all the local Trib affiliates use. It still sux balls.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I dropped my print subscription this month after 20 plus years, just found that I never open it at all. The content I can no longer get because of the paywall isn't enough to keep me. There is something really archaic about the entire newsprint business, making the paper, printing the copies, and paying some poor schmuck to drive all over town throwing it into the rain puddles on my driveway. In the past they would give huge discounts to keep your subscription whenever we would call to cancel, they didn't want to drop the price much this year so it was time to say goodbye.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
they're as politically biased as it gets

and they have JJ writing about UConn

I cancelled years ago, won't give them a dime, and I get pissed when they litter my driveway with free papers. I have to take the time to pick up the paper and throw it in the garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom