Poll: ND's individual performances | The Boneyard

Poll: ND's individual performances

Which player is most likely to falter vs. us?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gene always tries to shut down the lead player, so I think the Big O will falter.

Reaction Score
Mabrey. Maybe. These are not kids who choke. They're talented and tough. We're going to go out and beat them. Ogunbowale is very talented.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Turner is very predictable. She does all her business in the paint. She does not step out to shoot jumpers. She's excellent under the boards. She became an All American last year operating just 5' from the basket. I'd have Gabby front her, and send weak side help when an entry pass was attempted for the double-team. I'd put Kia on Ogunbowale. She can stay in front of her. Ogunbowale loves to drive to the basket.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
You didn't have Jackie Young on your list of choices. She is heavily relied on by ND -- almost their version of Crystal. I would have picked her, based on Karen Aston's observation that Geno always manages to pick on the less experienced opponents.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As mentioned, Geno does try to neutralize an opponents strength (Ogunbawale), and the key neutralizer is likely to be Gabby.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
All of them. Obviously.

Wishful thinking on my part? Perhaps...

Reaction Score
As mentioned, Geno does try to neutralize an opponents strength (Ogunbawale), and the key neutralizer is likely to be Gabby.

There is no chance that Williams going to guard Ogunbowale. I think Nurse is going to draw that assignment.

Chong/Allen
Nurse/Ogunbowale
Samuelson/Mabrey
Williams/Westbeld
Collier/Turner

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There is no chance that Williams going to guard Ogunbowale. I think Nurse is going to draw that assignment.

Chong/Allen
Nurse/Ogunbowale
Samuelson/Mabrey
Williams/Westbeld
Collier/Turner
Maybe not at the start of the game, but after her play vs TX, I can see Nat off the bench early for Saniya. Nat guards Westbeld, Kia on Allen and Gabby on Ogunbowale

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Shorty, I'm as big a fan of UConn as you are, but I got to say that Brianna Turner is one very talented basketball player, who was outstanding in the 2015 national championship game. Stewie was only out for a few minutes, and she was replaced by Kiah Stokes, maybe the best defensive player on the team.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
She has played against UConn exactly once and she had 14 pts (7-9 FG) and 10 reb.

You are correct. She played against UConn in the Championship. Turner is still overrated, and she choked. Stewie was injured, and her mobility wasn't all there, but Turner didn't take advantage of the situation.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Shorty, I'm as big a fan of UConn as you are, but I got to say that Brianna Turner is one very talented basketball player, who was outstanding in the 2015 national championship game. Stewie was only out for a few minutes, and she was replaced by Kiah Stokes, maybe the best defensive player on the team.

I still say Brianna Turner is overrated. When Stewie came back in the game, her mobility wasn't all there. Turner could have had a monster game, but she didn't take advantage of the situation.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Kia held Mabrey to just one made basket all game...it was her assignment and she did her job well. maybe she didn't get her season average in points or more, but didn't have to with 20, 19, and 18 by Collier, Williams, and Lou doing just that

On a different note, wow Gabby can really soar...I can only imagine what it might have looked like b4 her knee issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom