IF UConn is to Lose a Game, Which Team Would You pIck

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
and you could pick the game they would lose, which team would it be to?

I don't want to see this team lose any game this year, but it seems likely they will lose one or more games.

I picked DePaul as Dough Bruno is a friend of Geno. Don't think it happens.

Reaction Score
I picked other because of South Carolina.

I think we lose at home to the gamecocks. In addition to ND and possibly Maryland.
+1
I'm having a hard time imagining making Coates ineffective, however we defend Wilson. But it at home, and I had the same concerns (different personal) against Baylor.

Reaction Score
+1
I'm having a hard time imagining making Coates ineffective, however we defend Wilson. But it at home, and I had the same concerns (different personal) against Baylor.
Its called foul trouble and geno knows thats the way you neutralize bigs on any team. A couple quick fouls on coates changes the game.

Reaction Score
+1
Bags--I picked ND--ND in Indiana is tough to beat (when they are this good). I had similar thoughts of USC--but they are a home game for Geno's team--and they play good at home. If Uconn gets by Depaul and Doug Bruno maybe then we can talk multiples or not.

Reaction Score
I picked other as I see only possibility being S.C. on the road. Irish are no super team to me. KLS , Collier and Gabby are difficult matchups for them. There is also no big bench advantage.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Don't know how I didn't include So Carolina as I think they are the best team. My Bad. A term Geno doesn't like :)

I picked other because of South Carolina.

I think we lose at home to the gamecocks. In addition to ND and possibly Maryland.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
For a team that always wins there seems to be some kind of obsession with losing on the Boneyard.

Its fascinating, really. Is this a way of preparing for the disappointment of a loss or the "I told ya' so!" of another undefeated season. I can't decide...

Reaction Score
I picked other as I see only possibility being S.C. on the road. Irish are no super team to me. KLS , Collier and Gabby are difficult matchups for them. There is also no big bench advantage.
Agree. I also picked South Carolina. It's an away game and their height is likely to give us problems. If they call fouls very closely we don't have the bench strength to respond. Naturally I'm hoping that we can somehow hold it together and overcome shortfalls!!

Reaction Score
Agree. I also picked South Carolina. It's an away game and their height is likely to give us problems. If they call fouls very closely we don't have the bench strength to respond. Naturally I'm hoping that we can somehow hold it together and overcome shortfalls!!

Husky pride- - - SoCar is a home game! So I think the new players will have gotten down the defense by then and a full Gampel is worth 8 to 10 points, so UCONN wins close!

Reaction Score
For a team that always wins there seems to be some kind of obsession with losing on the Boneyard.

Its fascinating, really. Is this a way of preparing for the disappointment of a loss or the "I told ya' so!" of another undefeated season. I can't decide...
Nah. Folks always want what they don't have, and losses is one of those things. :)

Reaction Score
Uconn hasn't lost two in a row since 1993 so if Uconn has to lose a game i hope the next game is one of the lesser opponents.If Uconn happens to lose to Texas for instance the next game is against miss muffet and her little tuffets in South Bend.I think it was mentioned somewhere that Geno expected a certain Ms.Tuck to re-up for another year.This brutal pre-conference schedule is more in line with that thought process, anyway.However,the team as it stands will be all the better for this harrowing ordeal in the end,losses or no losses.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score

I don't understand why this poll/question keep coming up. Like I stated in the last poll/question, if you are truly a UConn fan, you wouldn't say you see a loss to any of them, but especially not Texas; Notre Dame; Ohio; Maryland; South Florida and South Carolina.

Stop it with this poll/question!!!

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Husky Nation do not vote against our own.

UConn will not lose to DePaul; Texas; Notre Dame; Ohio; Maryland; South Florida or South Carolina.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Well, as you can imagine, I picked other.

SOUTH FLORIDA (USF)!

Some years ago, USF tied you @Uconn in regulation. Of course we lost in OT and your home winning streak remained intact.

So, I would not think of trying to break your current home streak, but would love to beat you in TAMPA.

That would certainly help our ranking and improve the WBB perception of the AAC.

Therefore, if you HAD to lose to someone this season, it makes perfect sense (to me at least) that it should be USF! :cool:

Reaction Score
Just an observation; Coates has a little zip in her step this year. Also, to me, she looks in better shape as she prepares for a professional career. BUT, she still camps out on the right block and doesn't shoot further than 5 feet. I think she can be taken out of her game, like the past. Remember, she needs the ball to do damage. Collier, Gabby, and Butler can deny her the ball.

Reaction Score
DePaul, because it would be a boost to Bruno and would give Geno the most bang-for-the-buck, losing to a team that they should beat.

Also they have the second best band in D1. Dayton, of course, is the best.

Reaction Score
Don't know how I didn't include So Carolina as I think they are the best team. My Bad. A term Geno doesn't like :)
I believe that would earn you suicides until he got tired blowing the whistle.
:D

Reaction Score
Just an observation; Coates has a little zip in her step this year. Also, to me, she looks in better shape as she prepares for a professional career. BUT, she still camps out on the right block and doesn't shoot further than 5 feet. I think she can be taken out of her game, like the past. Remember, she needs the ball to do damage. Collier, Gabby, and Butler can deny her the ball.
Get between Coates and the basket and she will be in foul trouble in no time; she has a nasty habit of playing both offense and defense with her hands, not her feet. With Coates shining pine, Wilson falls off a bit because she is a natural 4 and she'd have to move to the 5. She used to be vulnerable to back-cuts when playing that position; we'll see if that has been corrected.

Reaction Score

Not including USC due to forgetfullness, is in my book, a very valid excuse. And, the continuing polling is interesting because it is based on changing opinions as we see how the teams are doing in actual competition.

To,me USC is the biggest threat. But, if UConn beats them, the most irritated person in the country will be Geno

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I don't understand why this poll/question keep coming up. Like I stated in the last poll/question, if you are truly a UConn fan, you wouldn't say you see a loss to any of them, but especially not Texas; Notre Dame; Ohio; Maryland; South Florida and South Carolina.

Stop it with this poll/question!!!

I think the Boneyard collective may need to view the Nick Saban presser from Saturday, as he went off on a reporter that asked him if he felt it was OK (if Alabama could benefit from) to lose a game this year. Basically Saban said no loss is acceptable. He never thinks about losing. That word is not in his dictionary or vocabulary. Losing is not acceptable at Alabama.

I predicted that No team would go undefeated this year (which includes UConn) in Div-1 WCBB, but I'm not predicting which one they'll lose. As we approach each game, I expect them to win it.
I fully expect UConn to win its next 3 games. I'm not mad at anyone here. People like to guess at things. It gives them something to ponder and talk about. I'm only one person, but I too wish they would create a more positive type poll. One that did not involve UConn losing. This is some bad Mojo. :rolleyes:

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I think the Boneyard collective may need to view the Nick Saban presser from Saturday, as he went off on a reporter that asked him if he felt it was OK (if Alabama could benefit from) to lose a game this year. Basically Saban said no loss is acceptable. He never thinks about losing. That word is not in his dictionary or vocabulary. Losing is not acceptable at Alabama.

I predicted that No team would go undefeated this year (which includes UConn) in Div-1 WCBB, but I'm not predicting which one they'll lose. As we approach each game, I expect them to win it.
I fully expect UConn to win its next 3 games. I'm not mad at anyone here. People like to guess at things. It gives them something to ponder and talk about. I'm only one person, but I too wish they would create a more positive type poll. One that did not involve UConn losing. This is some bad Mojo. :rolleyes:

I am not mad at anyone, I am just very passionate when it come to things like this. I don't like polls/questions about UConn losing, especially from fans of UConn. The question was raised before, why bring it up again. Move on, and enjoy the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom