Poll: How many wins in conference tournament to make the NCAAs? | The Boneyard

Poll: How many wins in conference tournament to make the NCAAs?

Wins needed?

• Zero

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • One

Votes: 74 57.4%
  • Two

Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Three

Votes: 9 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So how many wins do we need in the conference tournament to get into the Big Dance?

I think the only safe number is three but two might be enough, with some luck. I don't think one is enough with our relationship with the NCAA plus other conference tournaments may not play out the way we need them to.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I'm sorry, it's going to take more than a win against Cinci. We are already BARELY in according to a lot of people. One loss will put us down, and there are bound to be bid stealers in other conferences. Between that and the committee's blatant disrespect for the AAC, we would be lucky to get in without winning the conference tournament.
1 win, I think we fall just short. 2 wins, it's going to be a nail-biter Sunday evening.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I voted for 1, although I wouldn't be comfortable next Sunday with less than 2

none and we're out

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
One win and Cincy falls out. That should be enough.

We should root for Pitt to beat Cuse again though, just to be on the safe side.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Definitely need 1.

Depends how many bid stealers win conference tournaments. As the last 4 in, all it takes is a few upsets and we could be on the outside looking in.

Reaction Score
2 to be safe.

1 would probably be good enough if resumes were evaluated blind, without regard to school name and conference affiliation. I don't trust the Committee to evaluate us or any of our conference mates fairly.

Reaction Score
IMO, 2 firmly gets us in. 1 win and I'd say it's less than a 50/50 shot

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Definitely need 1.

Depends how many bid stealers win conference tournaments. As the last 4 in, all it takes is a few upsets and we could be on the outside looking in.

Bonnies and St. Joes, IMO, are the only teams from 1/2 bid leagues that would still make the dance if upset in their conference championships. I don't think Akron or St. Mary's make it. Is anyone really expecting Princeton to still be selected?

Reaction Score
Bonnies and St. Joes, IMO, are the only teams from 1/2 bid leagues that would still make the dance if upset in their conference championships. I don't think Akron or St. Mary's make it. Is anyone really expecting Princeton to still be selected?

St Mary's was getting votes for the top 25.

Reaction Score
2 should do it, 1 is cutting it too close. Either way, hope for as few upsets as possible in all other conference tourneys.

Reaction Score
Anyone want to change their vote? It is looking like zero wins will not get us in and we need to, at least, beat Cinci.

Reaction Score
Not for nothing. But we have been in every AAC final in history losing twice. 3 is a charm. We win. That's it! 9 wins in a row?!? I've seen eleven. Anyone else. It's time for us to rock our mojo. And sacrifice as many chickens we can. Get superstitious. Believe your small contributions matter. This is our team. This is our time. We are all huskies. I'm over the doom and gloom. We haven't even really faked our fanaticism this year. Best game of possum ever. No one can plan for us. Elite 8 at least. Remember. I have had a child in utero or born during our last two Texas titles. We are having our third on Monday. The final four is in Texas. We got wiped out by Louisville before the tournament. We always doubt our guys. This is our way. This is OUR AAC TITLE!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Depending on how other chips fall, I could see a scenario where the AAC only gets one team in the tourney. If Uconn wins the first two and someone else ultimately wins the championship. Conference not getting much respect.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Cuse loses to Pitt - look at the record and conference record yet they are still in - wow

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
One, two if you don't want to be in the play in game.

Reaction Score

I don't see Cincy falling out. It turns two of their wins into top 50 wins. Losing to UConn actually makes their profile look somewhat better in this bizarro world.

Reaction Score
Cuse loses to Pitt - look at the record and conference record yet they are still in - wow
Depends on who you are listening to. Some experts have the cuse out and UConn in as of today.

Reaction Score
I don't see Cincy falling out. It turns two of their wins into top 50 wins. Losing to UConn actually makes their profile look somewhat better in this bizarro world.
Same thing happened for St. Mary's - Gonzaga jumped into the top 50 RPI after beating St. Mary's. St. Mary's went from 0 top 50 wins to 2 top 50 wins after that loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom