POLL: How many PPG will boat and bazz get by end of year? | The Boneyard

POLL: How many PPG will boat and bazz get by end of year?

Choose 2 - one option for each player

• Bazz - <14

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bazz - 14-18

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • Bazz - 18-21

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Bazz - 21.1+

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Boat - <16

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • Boat - 16-20

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Boat - 20.1+

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I only had 7 poll options available so had to get creative.
I think we have so many scorers that it will be hard for them to get a ton of points.

Im thinking 17ppg each

Reaction Score
I would think Shabazz will put up more PPG compared to Boatright. It's possible Napier's scoring average maybe a little lower compared to last year because this team will have more options. I think the key to this season is Daniels though. If he could score 17-20 PPG then we will be a very dangerous team.

Reaction Score
I wonder if DD would be our leading scorer this year. I think for us to really go far in the tournament he would have to be our 1st or 2nd option behind Bazz with Boat #3. At least during the tournament.

Nnocu

Poplar Poster
Reaction Score
I can see Boat, DD, and Bazz all hovering around the 14-16 ppg area. It would be cool to see both Giffey and OC over 10ppg, but we'll see.

Reaction Score
Boat having a line like 13.5 ppg 8.5 assists 2-3 steals on 50/35/85 % would be awesome even ideal. he's been saying all these things about his pg skills being @ an all time high , hoping his game reflects so. Napier is an easy 18+ ppg guy with good shooting numbers, but both OC + Daniels need really take that next step in floor efficiency. combined for the speedsters :32 ppg 15 apg 7 rpg 4 steals. ;

Reaction Score
Boat having a line like 13.5 ppg 8.5 assists 2-3 steals on 50/35/85 % would be awesome even ideal. he's been saying all these things about his pg skills being @ an all time high , hoping his game reflects so. Napier is an easy 18+ ppg guy with good shooting numbers, but both OC + Daniels need really take that next step in floor efficiency. combined for the speedsters :32 ppg 15 apg 7 rpg 4 steals. ;

8.5 assists isn't realistic, those are the kind of assists numbers that Marcus Williams and Kendall Marshall were putting up, I would love to see it but Boat doesn't have that kind of passing ability or mindset. I would expect around 5, hopefully even 6 but his assists #'s will be limited sharing PG duties with Bazz. What I found most interesting is in that writeup HuskyNan posted last week regarding JC and Glen Miller discussing the team is that Miller didn't even mention Boat as playing PG, he said Bazz and Samuel would be manning the PG duties.

Reaction Score
8.5 assists isn't realistic, those are the kind of assists numbers that Marcus Williams and Kendall Marshall were putting up, I would love to see it but Boat doesn't have that kind of passing ability or mindset. I would expect around 5, hopefully even 6 but his assists #'s will be limited sharing PG duties with Bazz. What I found most interesting is in that writeup HuskyNan posted last week regarding JC and Glen Miller discussing the team is that Miller didn't even mention Boat as playing PG, he said Bazz and Samuel would be manning the PG duties.
It's entirely wishful thinking, you're right. Thing is my biggest concern going into the season is the play of boat, he's completely engimatic. His terrible body language doesn't help. Bottom line is he needs to make his teammates better as a playmaker or else we are doomed.Throw the 8.5 # out, maybe he just needs a nice assist to turnover ratio.

Reaction Score

Agree that 8.5 assists is unrealistic. I'd much rather see Boat around 4 - 5 per game, but cut down on his TO's, improve his decision making and play solid D. If Boat is our 2, then he will not be in a position to get all those assists, but he can be a major contributor by improving his overall game. He needs to play under control and he will contribute.

D

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
If Boat and Bazz combine to average more than 36 ppg this year, then something probably went wrong with our season.
Both of these guys should average around 16ppg each. I expect a much more balanced offensive attack this year and hopefully LOTS more assists from Boat and a few more from Bazz. A combined 15 assists per game from these two is well within reach.
Last year, Boat and Bazz were too-heavily relied on for offensive production. They played too many minutes; I expect their minutes to be better managed this year with a more experienced back-court. Far too often the offensive sets broke down and Bazz and Boat had to isolate in 1v1 plays due to a lack of options. We should see less of that this year. Here's why:

-DD had his coming out party in the second half of last year. Something clicked and now this kid needs more opportunities. I hope he continues to impose himself on the game because when he does, he is tough to stop.
-Kromah in the backcourt in place of RJ should take more of the scoring burden off Boat/Bazz. From all accounts, this kid can make buckets in a variety of ways.
-Calhoun in his second year should be more comfortable in our system. The kid has onions and he will continue to be the guard that gets overlooked when opposing teams concentrate on Bazz/Boat.
-A more experienced Giffey with more confidence and willingness to pull the trigger and drive into the lane (good size for a guard). Like Omar, he won't be the focus of opposing teams on the perimeter, either.
-If we can get ANY SEMBLANCE of an inside-out game with some contributions from our front court, that would be helpful as well. I'm not confident that this will happen. It didn't happen last year, but I think the opportunity is there for someone from our front court to step up and consistently produce a bit for us.

caw

Reaction Score
28-30. I think Calhoun and Daniels scoring averages both go up. Kromah and Samuel give Boat and Bazz more rest than last year.

Reaction Score
I think Bazz will be around 17 ppg, Boat around 15 ppg, aided in part by the fact that Bazz should have the ball in his hands in most late shot clock situation. More often than not, Bazz would make something happen and at least have a credible shot, while Boat would over-penetrate and either turn it over or fling up a prayer.

Reaction Score
I think Bazz will be around 17 ppg, Boat around 15 ppg, aided in part by the fact that Bazz should have the ball in his hands in most late shot clock situation. More often than not, Bazz would make something happen and at least have a credible shot, while Boat would over-penetrate and either turn it over or fling up a prayer.

That was the old boat, we should expect improvement. How much so remains to be seen.

Reaction Score
Bazz & Boat are both going to get a lot of minutes like they did last year, but with so many scoring options they'll both likely average somewhere in that 15 to 19 pts/gm range. There will be those games where one of them will either have an off night or spend some time on the bench in foul trouble.

Bazz is going to have some monster games where he plays close to, if not, a full 40 minutes and will put up some big numbers in the high 20s. I do expect Boat to begin to show more consistency to his game, so he might have some big scoring nights as well, but for the most part I see both of these guards spreading the scoring around where Daniels, Calhoun, Giffey, Cromah, Olander and the other bigs get their share of shots. Any sort of offensive production for our bigs would be a plus and might cut into the perimeter scoring, something that I think we'd all welcome.

If there is anyone not named Bazz or Boat who will cut into their scoring numbers, it would be Daniels if he picks up where he left off at the end of last season. And more consistency and assertiveness out of Omar would also be a huge plus.

This team certainly has a lot of perimeter scoring options. If a couple of the bigs step up on both ends of the floor, especially on the defensive glass, limiting the 2nd chances that cost them at times last season, this team will be among the best in the nation.

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
I think that Giffey may be the biggest surprise this year. He averaged 15 points for a German National team in Euro tourney that faced NBA competition. If he can bring that confidence back to UConn, he is capable of scoring 12+ pts per game. What's going to be interesting is how Ollie creates sufficient minutes for Boat, Bazz, Calhoun, Giffey and Kromah and the 1-3 positions with Daniels taking some of those minutes at the three. The bottomline is that we've got a team that can put up points in a lot of ways. I'm excited about this season.

Reaction Score
Team scoring should be up but I wouldn't be surprised if Bazz/Boat scoring decreases slightly. Their assists should increase. So many factors will affect their scoring it is difficult to predict. Just win baby! This is the stat we want "W"

Reaction Score
If Boat and Bazz combine to average more than 36 ppg this year, then something probably went wrong with our season.
Both of these guys should average around 16ppg each. I expect a much more balanced offensive attack this year and hopefully LOTS more assists from Boat and a few more from Bazz. A combined 15 assists per game from these two is well within reach.

No Way they combine for 15 assists per game. that would mean they both average 7.5 apiece and thats just not realistic. I say if they can put up 30ppg 10asts and atleast a 3/1 to ratio we`ll be in great shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom