Poll How many Losses will UConn have this year. | The Boneyard

Poll How many Losses will UConn have this year.

How many losses will UConn have before NCAA Tournament

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
before going into the NCAA Tournament. With how the team played at Stanford, the ND, Duke and South Carolina games are not guaranteed wins unless the team plays better. Will Depaul and UCLA (unlikely) provide competion?

Reaction Score
If Geno gets his 8-man rotation significant minutes against quality opponents in preparation for the tournament, he'll have to be willing to risk a loss before he trusts them at single elimination time. 1-1 against Notre Dame and South Carolina is as likely as not at this stage...since South Carolina comes later, my guess is that the Leprechauns have the best chance...

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
What's your choice? Must be similar to who cares, as long as they win a National Championship or don't care at all.

You don't have my choice.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Well, OTP, seven members of the 8-man rotaion are bound to get plenty of time agaist ND and SCar. The only question mark will be Gabby, and the way she has been playing my guess is that she gets good minutes also. And I think that 2-0 is much more likely than 1-1.

Reaction Score
At this point in the season, it's very difficult to predict how well UConn will perform before March. It should be the most interesting season in a long time and a good one for women's basketball. We've got the talent, but so does several other teams. Geno and staff is the key. Success mainly rests with whether they can again perform coaching magic.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
What's your choice? Must be similar to who cares, as long as they win a National Championship or don't care at all.

Reaction Score
The 2 obvious areas that need improvement are, keeping people in front of them on defense and foul shooting, although there are a few other areas that need work. Namely screen setting to set up shooters and finishing in close.

I pay zero attention to the final scores against teams that are completely overmatched and with a huge talent disparity, those games are not the best measuring stick to gauge improvement in weak areas. They played one legitimate team so far and were completely exposed on defense, while missing numerous critical free throws, including front end of 1 & 1s which is akin to sacrificing 2 points.

This cannot continues against talented teams, or they can easily see a 3-4 loss season with a chance at a 10th title greatly diminished.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Since we already have 1 loss, 0 is not an option.

I was grossly disappointed in Monday's performance. I think I was over-optimistic, though I was worried about the Stanford game and couldn't bring myself to make a score prediction. It's hard to be optimistic about a game at ND. I think we can handle SC's size, and Duke doesn't worry me. So probably 1 before the NCAA tourney.

I think we can be a juggernaut by March or a talented but flawed team. Moriah, Kiah, and Kaleena need to play better than they did at Maples. The players need to be assertive and not count on Stewie too much.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Since we already have 1 loss, 0 is not an option.
Why not? That's my guess. Yea I "might" be wrong. But then there's a chance I could be right. We don't know everything about Stanford's players eligibility.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Before the season, no way would the majority of those answering this poll question predict this team would lose two or three games. The Stanford game has changed opinions of many.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Before the season, no way would the majority of those answering this poll question predict this team would lose two or three games. The Stanford game has changed opinions of many.

Im curious to know which games that people think UCONN will lose. Especially those who picked 3 or more losses.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
If Geno gets his 8-man rotation significant minutes against quality opponents in preparation for the tournament, he'll have to be willing to risk a loss before he trusts them at single elimination time. 1-1 against Notre Dame and South Carolina is as likely as not at this stage...since South Carolina comes later, my guess is that the Leprechauns have the best chance...
IMO- I really think that is an extremely insightful comment----- I hope he is playing to win the national championship and not those games. Having said that I think So Car will be a better team than Notre Dame. but you may be right.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
At this point in the season, it's very difficult to predict how well UConn will perform before March. It should be the most interesting season in a long time and a good one for women's basketball. We've got the talent, but so does several other teams. Geno and staff is the key. Success mainly rests with whether they can again perform coaching magic.
which is correct and all this proves just how difficult it is to achieve what he/UConn annually achieve for 20 yrs. And each year, winning a NC is much more difficult than the next- Look at all the really quality talent spread over at least 10-12 teams. Each time we look human, it is a testament to how easy they usually make it look!

Reaction Score
I picked two losses since as much as I hate to admit it the ND game may be another loss. I don't see UCONN loosing to USC or anyone else in the regular season and I can't see anyone beating UCONN in the NCAA Tournament.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I picked two losses since as much as I hate to admit it the ND game may be another loss. I don't see UCONN loosing to USC or anyone else in the regular season and I can't see anyone beating UCONN in the NCAA Tournament.
Agree, the game @ND is going to be tough. We at least get S. Carolina at home. Which should help.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
My answer is that the number of losses is irrelevant. The goal is one thing. Winning the last game of the season. Thinking about losses is to think about the wrong thing.

Reaction Score
[QUthempost: 1140978, member: 343"]Agree, the game @ND is going to be tough. We at least get S. Carolina at home. Which should help.
ND isnt playing that good either. I know Stewie is going to be hard to stop in that game KML will perform better to prove she's still elite player against a top team. We still have to much athleticism. USC is a problem because there big and physical. We lose kiah or stewie were doomed inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom