Poll: Best forward in the WNBA | The Boneyard

Poll: Best forward in the WNBA

Best forward in the WNBA

• Total voters

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Brunson? Dupree? What about Messemmen and Del Donne? They aren't good enough to even get listed?
DelleDonne is listed as a G/F which makes her more of a wing. She'll be on the next poll for best wing in the WNBA. For Messemmen, I couldn't find her any where in the top 50 for scoring on the WNBA website so I did not put her on the list.

By the way, Dupree is #16 in the league in scoring at 15 PPG so I fail to understand your incredulity...

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
The entire starting Eastern Conference All-Star frontcourt dissed. Nice.

Reaction Score
Who's the best forward in the WNBA? You can vote for 2...

No personal attack ericsandiego as we all have to laugh at ourselves on occasion...;)
Read your question back... s l o w l e y and think for a minute.
Who's the best forward in the WNBA? You can vote for 2... :confused:
There cannot more than one party best at anything...:)

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Who's the best forward in the WNBA? You can vote for 2...

Objectively sans homerism, the WNBA 2016 MVP, Nnemkadi "Nneka" Ogwumike is the best WNBA forward. If you want to break it down to power forward and small forward or wing, then another player could be the best small forward. Make no mistake at 6'2" Nneka is a power forward.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I went Stewie and Nneka. Maya is not having a year to her standards. Candace's stats to me are very similar in many categories to Stewie but she flakes out with invisible games too often for my liking. Also, Stewie has substantially raised her game during the winning streak. :D Crunch Time

Reaction Score
Parker and Moore will be among the top players in the WNBA until they retire. But if I had to pick only one it would be Moore, I think you could put her on the stars and they would be in the playoffs. Luckily I can pick both Parker and Moore.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
No personal attack ericsandiego as we all have to laugh at ourselves on occasion...;)
Read your question back... s l o w l e y and think for a minute.
Who's the best forward in the WNBA? You can vote for 2... :confused:
There cannot more than one party best at anything...:)
Well, the results will show who people think ultimately is the best, but I figured hands down the 3 best are Maya, Stewie, and Nneka... so i wanted to give people a chance to vote for more than one... Unlike voting for the best center, where it was pretty much Tina and Big Syl all day long...

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Objectively sans homerism, the WNBA 2016 MVP, Nnemkadi "Nneka" Ogwumike is the best WNBA forward. If you want to break it down to power forward and small forward or wing, then another player could be the best small forward. Make no mistake at 6'2" Nneka is a power forward.
Maya.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Parker, Stewart, Nneka and Maya are clearly the 4 best out of the list. Parker would be my 1st place pick as she been fantastic all season and is likely going to finish 2nd in MVP voting to Fowles. 17 points, 8.5 boards, 4.3 assists, among the leaders in blocks in assists too. Good FG/3pt/FT% as well, and her team is making a push to catch the Lynx for 1st place in the league. Nneka has been great too, but I think Parker has been the engine behind the LA train. They go as she goes.

Maya has had a very good season, albeit a bit underwhelming for her standards. I'd still put her 2nd over Nneka or Stewart. Stewart has been great but her team has underperformed all year, so I don't see a strong argument for putting her over Nneka or Candace at this juncture.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
DelleDonne is listed as a G/F which makes her more of a wing. She'll be on the next poll for best wing in the WNBA. For Messemmen, I couldn't find her any where in the top 50 for scoring on the WNBA website so I did not put her on the list.

By the way, Dupree is #16 in the league in scoring at 15 PPG so I fail to understand your incredulity...

What is a wing? A small for
Maya.

Well I do believe the Invincible Queen is the best. However, the WNBA decided otherwise. I must admit to homerism relative to Maya. I really like her game, but I really her as a person even more.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
What is a wing? A small for

Well I do believe the Invincible Queen is the best. However, the WNBA decided otherwise. I must admit to homerism relative to Maya. I really like her game, but I really her as a person even more.
Both Parker and Maya are two of the best to ever play.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think it depends on whom you consider as forwards. I'd include those playing the 3 or the 4.

At the 4:

Tina
Stewie
Nneka

At the 3:

Maya
Elena (though she may play the 4)
Candace (though she may play the 4 as well)
Alyssa (maybe)

The best 2 overall: Tina and Stewie. Nneka had an MVP year last year, but her numbers are more "normal" this year. Maya's numbers are down slightly and her play looks off a little by her lofty standards. Still my favorite player, but not up to her norm.

If you call Tina a center, I say that Stewie has become the best forward. She does it all.

Reaction Score
I don't think Maya is the best forward in the WNBA this year. She's been rather quiet. Of course, with Fowles ripping through the competition, and with Whalen being Whalen, she hasn't needed to lead the way. But with Whalen out, the Lynx have been losing, even with Maya.

I think that Parker has been amazing this year, and far more important to her team than has Maya. Stewart has been amazing, and with a new coach, has begun to lead her team to the playoffs.

For some reason, Maya seems to be playing tired. Not herself this year....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The entire starting Eastern Conference All-Star frontcourt dissed. Nice.
Good grief - your snark makes it sound like I punched them in the face. :rolleyes:

If you are referring to Charles and Jones, I put them in the poll of "best centers in the WNBA". If you re referring to Delle Donne, she would be in the next poll of best wings in the WNBA. But I guess it's easier to throw shade than actually read posts or polls...

It's just a poll for fun. Get some debate/discussion going. If anyone's that twisted about who's on the list, or who isn't, feel free to start your own poll...Head bang

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
I think it depends on whom you consider as forwards. I'd include those playing the 3 or the 4.

At the 4:

Tina
Stewie
Nneka

At the 3:

Maya
Elena (though she may play the 4)
Candace (though she may play the 4 as well)
Alyssa (maybe)

The best 2 overall: Tina and Stewie. Nneka had an MVP year last year, but her numbers are more "normal" this year. Maya's numbers are down slightly and her play looks off a little by her lofty standards. Still my favorite player, but not up to her norm.

If you call Tina a center, I say that Stewie has become the best forward. She does it all.

I only think Maya would be at the 3 but thats just my opinion.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Good grief - your snark makes it sound like I punched them in the face. :rolleyes:

If you are referring to Charles and Jones, I put them in the poll of "best centers in the WNBA". If you re referring to Delle Donne, she would be in the next poll of best wings in the WNBA. But I guess it's easier to throw shade than actually read posts or polls...

It's just a poll for fun. Get some debate/discussion going. If anyone's that twisted about who's on the list, or who isn't, feel free to start your own poll...Head bang

Thanks, but it's a little over the top to equate "dissing" with "face punching". Achieving that level of snark in 9 words would put the post in the BY Hall of Fame, but I don't think I got there. No offense intended. When you called Alyssa Thomas a center in the first poll (guaranteeing 0 votes), it predisposed me to be more critical, I guess.

Just striking that all of the western conference frontcourt players are represented, and just 1 out of 7 from the east (a non-starter). Talent disparity? Position definition fluidity? Other bias? I note that the "rule" that you cite for not including Charles and Jones does not apply to Candace Parker(?).

Looking forward to seeing who the "wings" are. As the talent level and versatility of the players goes up assigning a position name to a player becomes more difficult.

Are you related to Carmen Sandiego? Where in the world did she end up?

Reaction Score
If Tina Charles were on this list, as she should be, I would say she is the best forward. Since she's not, I would say Candace right now. She is top ten for five stats. Her all around game is fantastic right now and her team is playing the best basketball in the league of late.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

There is no way that Delle Donne is a wing but Moore isn't. I realize that the WNBA is devoted to the fiction that Delle Donne is a guard but that's just not true. I've seen Delle Donne play more center than guard.

Anyhow, my answer is Nneka Ogwumike.

For one game or one series, maybe I'd want Moore, but based solely on this season there is pretty much no statistical argument for Moore.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom