Points and Starting Lineups | The Boneyard

Points and Starting Lineups

Reaction Score
Because some Boneyarders are suggesting we bring Caroline off the bench, I feel compelled to reiterate that women’s basketball is trending toward OFFENSE. Our last game demonstrated that. Gino has stated we need to score at least 75 points. Well, in the DePaul game it took 80 to win. To total that we were gifted 35 pts from 2 players who weren’t expected to see much action on the court.

So I venture to suggest 2 starting lineups, one now and one March 1, based on demonstrated scoring ability. (Note, in addition the players defend and rebound with the best.) I list them in order of scoring prowess, from high to lowest. The bench players I list in order of playing time, from high to low.

NOW
Ducharme
Williams
Nelson-Ododa
Juhasz
Muhl
Off-The-Bench: Fudd, Westbrook, Edwards

MARCH 1
Paige
Ducharme
Williams
Fudd
Nelson-Ododa
Off-The-Bench: Juhasz, Muhl, Westbrook, Edwards

** Obviously these lineups may vary from time to time, depending on size and speed of an opponent and injury or Covid. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Azzi worked into the starting lineup before March 1.

Reaction Score
Now all the sudden people are suggesting 4 guard offenses while a week ago lots of people didn't even want to consider it.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Here we go again!!! But I'll play.

March 1 -
Liv
Dorka
Caroline
Nika/ Christyn
Paige

Bench -
Azzi
E
Aaliyah

Now there is no guarantee that Paige is completely ready by March 1. Two comments from Geno - Nika is the leader of the team. Paige is going to have to work her way back into the starting lineup when cleared to play.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

March 1 - Liv, Dorka, Caroline, Nika/ Christyn, Paige
Bench - Azzi, E, Aaliyah
I know Geno will probably be loyal to his seniors and at least Williams will start. I'd like to see Liv, Dorka, Paige, Caroline, Nika, and Azzi as starters with Nika and Williams as guard substitutes. Won't happen but it is what I'd like to see. Hopefully Aaliyah can contribute solid post minutes. Just in case Geno ought to give Paith and Amare game minutes to develop into possible post subs.

Reaction Score
Because some Boneyarders are suggesting we bring Caroline off the bench, I feel compelled to reiterate that women’s basketball is trending toward OFFENSE. Our last game demonstrated that. Gino has stated we need to score at least 75 points. Well, in the DePaul game it took 80 to win. To total that we were gifted 35 pts from 2 players who weren’t expected to see much action on the court.

So I venture to suggest 2 starting lineups, one now and one March 1, based on demonstrated scoring ability. (Note, in addition the players defend and rebound with the best.) I list them in order of scoring prowess, from high to lowest. The bench players I list in order of playing time, from high to low.

NOW
Ducharme
Williams
Nelson-Ododa
Juhasz
Muhl
Off-The-Bench: Fudd, Westbrook, Edwards

MARCH 1
Paige
Ducharme
Williams
Fudd
Nelson-Ododa
Off-The-Bench: Juhasz, Muhl, Westbrook, Edwards

** Obviously these lineups may vary from time to time, depending on size and speed of an opponent and injury or Covid. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Azzi worked into the starting lineup before March 1.
Agree 100% on March 1 line-up. Although I am less confident that Paige will be ready to go 40 minutes by then. Or even if she should.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

March 1 -
Liv
Dorka
Caroline
Nika/ Christyn
Paige

Bench -
Azzi
E
Aaliyah

Now there is no guarantee that Paige is completely ready by March 1. Two comments from Geno - Nika is the leader of the team. Paige is going to have to work her way back into the starting lineup when cleared to play.
If by working, you mean walking on the court, ok.

Reaction Score
I know Geno will probably be loyal to his seniors and at least Williams will start. I'd like to see Liv, Dorka, Paige, Caroline, Nika, and Azzi as starters with Nika and Williams as guard substitutes. Won't happen but it is what I'd like to see. Hopefully Aaliyah can contribute solid post minutes. Just in case Geno ought to give Paith and Amare game minutes to develop into possible post subs.
Definitely won't happen because you listed 6 starters. :cool:

Reaction Score

March 1 -
Liv
Dorka
Caroline
Nika/ Christyn
Paige

Bench -
Azzi
E
Aaliyah

When Paige is healthy she won’t have to “work” her way into anything but her uniform! As soon as she can physically play without risk she will start! Furthermore, I will be amazed if we see another game (for the rest of her career) with Caroline not starting!

Reaction Score

March 1 -
Liv
Dorka
Caroline
Nika/ Christyn
Paige

Bench -
Azzi
E
Aaliyah

Uh, only five can start!

Reaction Score
Starting lineup, for now: ONO, Christyn, Evina, Caroline, and Nika
substitutions: Dorka for ONO, Azzi for Evina, Aaliyah for Christyn
and a little later Evina for Nika. Caroline is last man out (except for
foul trouble) and I have Christyn coming back / rotating back in for ???
probably Aaliyah.
March 1st: Paige, ONO, Christyn, Caroline, Evina
with substitutions: Dorka for ONO, AZZI for Caroline, Nika for Paige,
Aaliyah for Evina, and Caroline rotating back in for Nika. It
all depends on fouls , of course. Go team.

Reaction Score
I'm sure that when(if) Paige returns she will be limited just like Nika and Azzi were when they returned to play. I also totally expect that the result of that limit will be exactly the same as it was for Nika (and for a little less of a degree Azzi). :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I could make a lot of money taking bets on where Nika will be when Paige gets back healthy. Just saying. It's a complete no brainer.

Reaction Score
March 1
1. Paige
2. Caroline
3. Liv
4. CW
5. Dorka
Azzi, Nika, Edwards, E

Reaction Score
Now all the sudden people are suggesting 4 guard offenses while a week ago lots of people didn't even want to consider it.
You know how we roll here in the Yard! We can never make up our minds. :D

Reaction Score
I like your "liked" group. I'd replace Azzi for Nika in starting. Azzi does not want to be the focus of Tenn . She needs some space to shoot. so, Id bet she comes off the bench with set plays. On Gabriel and Amere, a lot of their playing time from here on out will depend on how big the lead is. I agree, they need game experience. They just aren't ready yet.

Reaction Score
The main thing is, as Red Auerbach once said, "Some say you should have your five best players out there, but I found out you win with the five that fit together best as a team." Coach and the coaching staff just have to find five that fit and work well together. We seem to be getting close but once Paige is back and can play, there is going to be an adjustment again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom