Pointless but fun topic: pick one player from a previous UConn team... | The Boneyard

Pointless but fun topic: pick one player from a previous UConn team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
...that you'd like to play on this one.

With one limitation: she can't be on the Huskies of Honor or a Top 6 WNBA draft pick. Then everyone would pick D or Maya and that would be boring.

Who would you take? I'm tempted to say Kelly Schumacher because we could use more depth in the post, but was curious to see what kind of responses others might have. Think of it as a tribute to the less frequently sung heroes of yore. :)

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I wanted to pick AB, as a great mentor for BB, but she is ineligible.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
How about Evelyn Fish (Rowley), she could teach everyone what it means to be spunky.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I pick Jamelle because this team needs a great rebounder and someone who can provide some physical toughness in the paint.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Jam's a great pick. I'd add a healthy Morgan Valley.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Heh, I was thinking MV, if I could pass on the plantar fascitis

Reaction Score
I like either Schumaker or Jamelle. If pressed, I guess I'd say Jamelle, just because of the toughness. I'm not sure there was anyone better ay mixing it up underneath.

Reaction Score
The first person I thought of was Turner. But that doesn't help our height problem. Probably Elliot.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Barb Turner is a good pick! She wasnt that tall, but she was good rebounder and I loved her intensity.
What about Ann Strother? Height and shooter!

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
If it wasn't for that "first 6 WNBA" restriction, I'd vote AJ. Solid, solid, consistent in the low post area. Jamelle is a fine "Plan B".

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm thinking Rita Williams. Mainly because a top not pure PG who is fast and effective would be great for this team. it would allow CD to slide over, or come off the bench if you wanted to start Kelly or Bria ahead of her. i think a terrific pure PG would allow everyone else to play where they are most comfortable and i also think it would be easier to feed the post as i think Stef is not getting nearly enough touches.

great topic, btw, Alex...

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
...that you'd like to play on this one.

With one limitation: she can't be on the Huskies of Honor or a Top 6 WNBA draft pick. Then everyone would pick D or Maya and that would be boring.

Who would you take? I'm tempted to say Kelly Schumacher because we could use more depth in the post, but was curious to see what kind of responses others might have. Think of it as a tribute to the less frequently sung heroes of yore. :)

Amy Duran -- Smooth as silk. Clutch player.

And as pretty as a girl can be.

Reaction Score
hmmmm.......... Paige Sauer or Kaili Mclaren can u say underrated !!!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Asija Jones, particularly how she plays now...very tough inside but also has a sweet 10-17 ft shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom