OT: Podcasts | The Boneyard

OT: Podcasts

Reaction Score
Hey any good podcasts to pass the time, preferably about sports. i am a fan of the adimeback podcast but i've listened to all of their latest pods. any suggestions are appreciated!

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I love podcast ain’t played nobody. It’s a college football podcast with bill Connelly.

Reaction Score
I love podcast ain’t played nobody. It’s a college football podcast with bill Connelly.

Godfrey is such a tool. But I also love this podcast.

Lowe Post for NBA. I also listen to The Hoop Collective, Woj Pod and Full 48 on occasion.

I always listen to the episodes of MMQB when it is Grambling and Benoit hosting. (NFL)

Russilo Show is a good general sports podcast with an emphasis on football and the NBA. He is a hardo and rubs me the wrong way sometimes but overall a good listen.

Pardon My Take is sports satire. I am sick of the show but it took me a ton of episodes to get to this point and it is very popular.

Last edited:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Godfrey is such a tool. But I also love this podcast.

I love how he brags about knowing SIDs lol. I like him, but just think he’s a generally miserable dude

Reaction Score
The 30 for 30s are good. Last season had one about Rickey Henderson (big fan). If you're looking for something less story driven, the Bill Simmons one is good to kill time . Non-Sports, BagMan was really good (about Spiro Agnew) & the Conan O'Brien needs a friend has had some laugh out loud moments.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
If you like Boston sports anything done by the ringer.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
+1 Pardon My Take. Way different sport content, funny dudes, and they always have an interesting guest for each episode. Worth at least seeing if they fit your taste.

Reaction Score
I've posted my CT sports podcast a few times on here, but why not one more. Check out The Connecticut Scoreboard Podcast: Connecticut Scoreboard

On iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, pretty much every other podcast player.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
If you’re a hockey fan, Spittin Chiclets is outstanding.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If you like soccer, my favorite podcast full-stop is The Football Ramble.

Reaction Score
bill simmons is still good
ryen russillo
pardon my take
jeselnik and rosenthal

Siv

Reaction Score
If you like golf-
No Laying Up

Big TK podcast fan

Reaction Score
I'm a big podcast guy.

In general, I like most of The Ringer ones...
-One Shining Podcast (Mark Titus & Tate) - I just find Mark Titus hilarious. He's the perfect blend of arrogant, self-aware, and self deprecating. Coverage is a bit more top heavy, B1G & ACC, and more specifically blue blood-focused.
-BS Podcast (Bill Simmons) mostly for NBA with House/NFL with Cousin Sal and occasional celebrity interviews.
-The Friday NBA podcast (Tjarks, O'Connor, Chau) they do that is mostly NBA draft focused (think they renamed it Corner 3 but its in the NBA feed... avoid the Group Chat, Mismatch, Heat Check, and Sources Say pods.. pretty much all instant reaction and NBA gossip that Bill just does better himself).
-Ringer NFL (Mays & Kevin Clark)

Other college basketball ones
-Game Theory (Sam Vecenie) is a mixture of NBA draft and just NBA with a little college thrown in. Probably most in-depth basketball analysis of ones I listen to, especially deep dives breaking down prospects' games at X and O and mechanics level.
-CBS Eye on College Basketball Podcast (Norlander and Parrish) Probably most comprehensive college basketball coverage, but I find Norlander a bit of a bore and Parrish a bit egomaniacal (even if a little self-aware). Chemistry isn't as good as the One Shining Pod guys.
-Solving Basketball (Jordan Sperber) is more analytically inclined. This one is new, but a who's who list of college basketball analytic guests (KenPom, Bart Torvik, aforementioned Vecenie)

Other NBA ones
-Lowe Post (Zach Lowe) is NBA insider and comprehensive NBA coverage. No college content at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom