Podcasting UConn sports & Baseball Parks | The Boneyard

Podcasting UConn sports & Baseball Parks

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Sharing our latest family podcast on Sliders & Curveballs. A Father and his 8 year old son learning sports one conversation at a time.

Two guests. Double the fun. First, the Husky Ticket Project, stops by to talk UConn and their special youth game experiences. Then, baseball’s preeminent architect, Janet Marie Smith, takes us behind the scenes of her iconic projects including Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Fenway Park, Dodger Stadium and the brand new Polar Park.

Subscribe & enjoy! Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I used to know Janet Marie Smith when she worked for the Red Sox. Very nice lady and she is excellent at what she does. I liked her even more after she gave me tickets to the 2007 World Series! Lucchino has hired her for every stadium he has built or renovated. Should have asked her why the Sox let her go. Now that's a good story.

GemParty

Reaction Score
I used to know Janet Marie Smith when she worked for the Red Sox. Very nice lady and she is excellent at what she does. I liked her even more after she gave me tickets to the 2007 World Series! Lucchino has hired her for every stadium he has built or renovated. Should have asked her why the Sox let her go. Now that's a good story.
She’s back associated with Larry and the Red Sox AAA, having just designed Polar Park opening this Spring. However she’s mainly a Dodger the last several years.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You got me thinking of meeting a friend at Polar Park, depending on COVID progress/protocol. It'll be roughly the same distances for us as Pawtucket was. Thanks!

Last edited:

GemParty

Reaction Score
You got me thinking of meeting a friend at Polar Park, depending on COVID progress/protocol. It'll be roughly the same distances for us as Pawtucket was. Thanks!

Polar Park sounds like a real nice one. Can’t wait to attend. Janet impressed us. Warm personality. Giant in her field. Thanks for listening Hans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom