Podcast with Rodney Purvis | The Boneyard

Podcast with Rodney Purvis

Reaction Score
Hi all,

The one upside to everyone being locked in is that they all have some time to talk! Finally got some time with Rodney for an episode of The Connecticut Scoreboard Podcast. Really open and honest look at his UConn career...and a fun interview in general. You can tell Rodney still bleeds blue!

Reaction Score
Purv was a great ambassador during a dark time. Wish him all the best in hoops and life. Feel like if we had Calhoun or DH, guys with a lot of ability like Purv and Brimah (believe he was impacted more than anyone) would have grown a lot more as players. But maybe the adversity grew them as people. Always felt like Purv was a leader and positive force in a sea of negativity in the program and will always be grateful for him!

As an aside, every time my kids and I watch a game to this day and someone steps out of bounds without any pressure, my kids all say "Purvis"! Seemed like he stepped out a lot I guess trying to get a head of steam for a drive. Certainly wasn't easy to play offense during his career so no ill will to him! Love Purv!

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Hi all,

The one upside to everyone being locked in is that they all have some time to talk! Finally got some time with Rodney for an episode of The Connecticut Scoreboard Podcast. Really open and honest look at his UConn career...and a fun interview in general. You can tell Rodney still bleeds blue!

So awesome how many great people you get for interviews!! Thanks for the content and keep ‘em coming!!

Reaction Score
So awesome how many great people you get for interviews!! Thanks for the content and keep ‘em coming!!

Thanks! Anyone else you guys want to hear from? Always looking for suggestions (or connections to anyone!)

Reaction Score
Kinda out of left field, but if you could get Lasan Kromah, I think it'd be cool to get a grad transfer's opinion of..
  • when he knew he wanted to play elsewhere
  • school selection process
  • meshing with established vets and national champ winners
  • Conditioning and pre season vs. GW
  • forging a role on and off the court
  • walking into a team that won a national championship
  • Bazz/Boat
  • the tournament, etc.
I have no connection but thought that'd be interesting

Keep 'em coming!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kinda out of left field, but if you could get Lasan Kromah, I think it'd be cool to get a grad transfer's opinion of..
  • when he knew he wanted to play elsewhere
  • school selection process
  • meshing with established vets and national champ winners
  • forging a role on and off the court
  • walking into a team that won a national championship
  • Bazz/Boat
  • the tournament, etc.
I have no connection but thought that'd be interesting

Keep 'em coming!

He's actually someone I might be able to get in touch with...we overlapped at GW

Reaction Score
The Colorado first round game in 2016 is sneaky one of my favorite ever UConn games. Big comeback in the tournament after people said we didn't deserve to make it. Purvis had 19pts, 5rebs, 2 steals. Also just a great kid. Very happy he got to play in the NBA, hopefully he can get another shot after making some serious money abroad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom