Podcast with Coach Edsall | The Boneyard

Podcast with Coach Edsall

Reaction Score
Hi everyone,

Got Coach Edsall to join me for my latest CT Scoreboard Podcast episode. We talk about what the team was able to accomplish in its year off from games, how excited the team is to be back out on the field, what he's looking for in the quarterback competition, discusses college football's changing landscape, and talks a little golf.

Fun episode!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I think the big question to ask Edsall is "how do you ensure your team will be prepared for game speed against Fresno State?".

I don't want to hear about rust after the game. How does he get them prepared for game speed and full contact? Full speed and pads scrimmage? I wish they could scrimmage another team before Fresno.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I think the big question to ask Edsall is "how do you ensure your team will be prepared for game speed against Fresno State?".

I don't want to hear about rust after the game. How does he get them prepared for game speed and full contact? Full speed and pads scrimmage? I wish they could scrimmage another team before Fresno.
RE V1 would pick apart areas of improvement after wins. He has been fighting with his hands tied until this year. They are ready and with new found depth- don't need a scrimmage. Working 1's vs 2's will prep them.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
RE V1 would pick apart areas of improvement after wins. He has been fighting with his hands tied until this year. They are ready and with new found depth- don't need a scrimmage. Working 1's vs 2's will prep them.
I hope so...it just feels like they need to take extra steps this year to knock the rust off prior to Fresno. This isn't a typical first game.

Reaction Score
On a somewhat related note here, in August the podcast will be doing a CT College Football series - have coaches from the other CT schools on. Talk to all about their upcoming games against UConn.

8/6 - Coach McCarthy CCSU
8/13 - Coach Reno Yale
8/20- Coach Nofri Sacred Heart

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69