Podcast w/ Jacque Rivera (HC @ Woodstock and James Bouknight's HS Coach) | The Boneyard

Podcast w/ Jacque Rivera (HC @ Woodstock and James Bouknight's HS Coach)

Reaction Score
Hi all,

Figured with everyone iced in tonight, a good time to release my latest Connecticut Scoreboard Podcast episode. This one features an interview with Jacque Rivera, the HC at Woodstock Academy (and James Bouknight's HS coach at Macduffie). We talk about his coaching career, recruiting from his perspective, Dan Hurley and UConn, and he breaks down James' game and style of play.

Listen here:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Didn’t realize how young Rivera was. He comes off as some one much older than in his 20s. Did I hear him say Hurley was his mentor as a prep coach? Damn. Does Woodstock have any players coming down the line?

Reaction Score
That was good to listen to. He basically said that none of what Bouknight has done on the court so far has surprised him, and that James is a great kid.

I wouldn't be surprised if Woodstock becomes a bit of a pipeline to UConn.

Reaction Score
Rivera speaks on the recruiting benefits of the Big East and why, and discusses Bouknight's rebounding, passing, and 2nd jump. This is a good listen and Rivera is impressive in this short interview.

Nice job @gwhuskyfan

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom