Podcast- UConn & March Madness | The Boneyard

Podcast- UConn & March Madness

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Hi everybody, if you missed it last week, The Sliders & Curveballs Family Podcast hosted Fox College Hoops pxp and Big East Shootaround host John Fanta. We’ve received some great feedback on the show. Thank you. Reposting for Selection Sunday. A national holiday in our home.

It’s all about The Madness! His passion for MSG, the Big Dance, tough teams, sleeper picks, players to watch, and a full breakdown of UConn.

Who should we podcast with next? Danny, Geno, or the AD?

Share your thoughts on our dangerous teams!

Mike & Joseph

C28F2F90-52B7-41E0-8A07-2F95D7713426.jpeg

Reaction Score
This is great. Will listen and subscribe! You are right about this being a holiday for some of us. My dad coached high school basketball for almost 40 years so I grew up in a gym, listening to and watching coaching clinics, learning offenses and defenses, great memories. Because of that immersion in hoops, the ncaa tournament was like Christmas morning for a little kid. Would always watch as many games as possible, have mini 3 on 3 games/tournaments as kids in the driveway in between games, go to the tournament when it was held locally in Hartford, Providence, Worcester and Boston, and then eventually got the mega March Madness package on directv to literally watch every game when that was a thing. I have this big bracket dry erase board that I bring up every year to fill out. It is a thousand times more enjoyable when UConn is in it and I can fill in that last box with our name! 6 and half more hours!!

GemParty

Reaction Score
I’ve picked UConn every year and been right 4x. One time I submitted a bracket at work for them to win it all and they weren’t in the field. It feels so good they are.

This will be my sons first time watching Selection Sunday. He’s so excited.

Thank you for sharing the childhood memories Vuce.

I’m curious, what other March Madness traditions exist? Share yours!

Mike & Joseph
The Sliders & Curveballs Podcast

Reaction Score
mahhh

My Dad also was a Coach. Small college. We went to several HS games every week with the NYSHSAA green card given to coaches. The reward for my Dad's players was an annual NYC basketball tournament at MSG called the NIT. And I got to tag along.

recently, I looked up a remembrance ... I know I saw Pistol Pete Maravich one year. And Marquette with Al McGuire and Dean Memminger. And? That was Maravich last game. And Al devised a D to shut him down.

Reaction Score
This is great that you have a bond. My kid is a swimmer and I can't swim well.

My bond now is me trying to learn how to play Fortnite and League of Legends and getting questions when I join their group in Fortnite. "Who is this? Why is your dad on this thing?"

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Nice work with the interview of John Fanta.

I'd vote for AD David Benedict for the next podcast.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Thanks for listening. It’s been a fun hobby. Here’s a preview of our next Topps giveaway, once we secure a guest/topic.
D612BE29-5AB7-4B27-BFC1-DE1699EB5FEF.jpeg

GemParty

Reaction Score
Nice work with the interview of John Fanta.

I'd vote for AD David Benedict for the next podcast.
I’ll see what we can do.

GemParty

Reaction Score
This is great that you have a bond. My kid is a swimmer and I can't swim well.

My bond now is me trying to learn how to play Fortnite and League of Legends and getting questions when I join their group in Fortnite. "Who is this? Why is your dad on this thing?"
Oh, he plays plenty of XBox but this is a nice alternative hobby every few weeks for us to enjoy together. Thank you for listening!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
mahhh

recently, I looked up a remembrance ... I know I saw Pistol Pete Maravich one year ...That was Maravich last game. And Al devised a D to shut him down.
Maravich's last NBA season was with the Celtics. Larry Bird may have helped him decide to retire but not quite the way you may be thinking. I watched a lengthy interview with Cederick Maxwell. The video is below but it does contain a couple of undeleted expletives. He closed with a quick story about Maravich and Bird. Pete Maravich and Larry Bird were on the court at the same time as Maxwell. Pete passes to Larry. Pete's man comes down and double team's Larry. He forces up a shot. At the next timeout Pete looks at Larry and says "Larry you are being double teamed. You have to pass me the ball." Larry responded "If you were any (...) good, they wouldn't be double teaming me."
You can watch the video below for the exact words, however, he does drop an F-bomb. So beware. It starts at the beginning of the story but you can restart at the beginning if you like.

Last edited:

GemParty

Reaction Score
Maravich's last NBA season was with the Celtics. Larry Bird may have helped him decide to retire but not quite the way you may be thinking. I watched a lengthy interview with Cederick Maxwell. The video is below but it does contain undeleted expletives. He closed with a quick story about Maravich and Bird. Pete Maravich and Larry Bird were on the court at the same time as Maxwell. Pete passes to Larry. Pete's man comes down and double team's Larry. He forces up a shot. At the next timeout Pete looks at Larry and says "Larry you are being double teamed. You have to pass me the ball." Larry responded "If you were any (...) good, they wouldn't be double teaming me."
You can watch the video below for the exact words, however, he does drop an F-bomb. So beware. It starts at the beginning of the story but you can restart at the beginning if you like.

Interesting! Thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom