Podcast: Top Dogs / Andre Jackson | The Boneyard

Podcast: Top Dogs / Andre Jackson

Reaction Score
Here's the Andre episode btw it looks like you only linked the Goodman interview with the Hurley brothers

Great interview@RobDauster.. Pretty obvious you both had fun chillin'.. Onward and upward

Reaction Score
nice interview…great job by Rob Dauster…Andre is such a class act… what a intelligent kid… I would love to see him coaching uconn when he is finished playing in the nba…start as assistant coach for Hurley… and when Hurleys ready to retire..Andre take’s over

Reaction Score
nice interview…great job by Rob Dauster…Andre is such a class act… what a intelligent kid… I would love to see him coaching uconn when he is finished playing in the nba…start as assistant coach for Hurley… and when Hurleys ready to retire..Andre take’s over

I will never understand why people say this. We should never limit our coaching search to former players. Andre is a great player and captain of the team. No one has any idea if he'd be a decent coach or not.

Reaction Score
Thought it was a good interview and Andre sounds like a great leader.

The most interesting part to me was when Andre was talking about the process of bringing in transfers. It sounds like Hurley obviously talked to these guys first but before a transfer committed they also hung around with Andre and talked about what they wanted out of coming to Uconn and their thoughts/expectations/role on the team. Sounds like a great way to handle the transfer process. It gets everyone from the top down on the same page right from the beginning with clear communication.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Right, because former players always make great coaches. What could possibly go wrong?

Note: I adore Andre and this is in no way a personal shot at him. But it's insane to assume a great bball player will make an equally good coach. UConn fans should know this as well as anyone.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Nice interview, Rob did a great job. He posted the video on twitter.

Confirmed the practices are more intense than games and that Adama would win in a brawl. Also Andre is the one that cooks for the team, which isn’t surprising, and the team doesn’t let him own the aux cord too much - lot of good old school hip hop he was dropping ODB and Wu Tang.

Reaction Score
What's your max price?
I haven't sent it the NIL bid request yet but I'd offer him like $200-250 since it would only take like 2 minutes of his time lol. My only fear is that I do not want something bad to happen and like god forbid Andre gets hurt because of me and it derails the entire season. Granted I'm only 5'10" so he could probably just leap over me lol...Thinking I should wait for the offseason.

Reaction Score
He just not your normal great player… you see leadership qualities with him on the court…the way he interacts with his teammates… he’s the co captain of the team and you can see he takes it seriously…the great things that Hurley has said about…and then this interview… just a intelligent young man.. knows the game .. has great leadership qualities… and bleeds blue

Reaction Score
I haven't sent it the NIL bid request yet but I'd offer him like $200-250 since it would only take like 2 minutes of his time lol. My only fear is that I do not want something bad to happen and like god forbid Andre gets hurt because of me and it derails the entire season. Granted I'm only 5'10" so he could probably just leap over me lol...Thinking I should wait for the offseason.
That’s a little strange don't you think ?lol…

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
"You can never really control whether you win or lose it's all about how you prepare and that's just like what we do. We prepare the right way. Coaches prepare us the right way. I feel like we're one of the most prepared teams in the country when it comes to our defensive approach when we go against a team"

Reaction Score
It was interesting hearing things from his perspective. He may never be what some of us want him to be, he's comfortable in know who he is and what type of player he wants to be and that's ok as long as he helps the team win at this level or the next.

His story about Hurley telling him he needs to find a way to be an effective player for us was telling, it hit home and provided guidance for AJax over the last two years.

Reaction Score
Nice interview, Rob did a great job. He posted the video on twitter.

Confirmed the practices are more intense than games and that Adama would win in a brawl. Also Andre is the one that cooks for the team, which isn’t surprising, and the team doesn’t let him own the aux cord too much - lot of good old school hip hop he was dropping ODB and Wu Tang.

How is no one addressing the fart at 25:36? I died laughing when I heard it, had to play it back multiple times.

The people want answers @RobDauster

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
So I know rob edits Goodman pods which I took issue with, ( no harm no foul) but @RobDauster did an absolutely perfect interview with AJ . It’s a must listen on both ends. And f68 has been great forever.

Kudos to rob for AJ joint.

Adub never knee pads. But if you haven’t listened. Do it.

Perfect.

Reaction Score
If you have the volume up enough it's clear as day. It even looks like Rob startled himself, as he takes a beat to recover.
The awkward beat was what made me go back and think "did I really just hear that?"

Then I saw the video and he looks so concerned, it made it 10x better.

Reaction Score
The awkward beat was what made me go back and think "did I really just hear that?"

Then I saw the video and he looks so concerned, it made it 10x better.
Lol..yup got it this time! Definitely ripped arse!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom