Podcast recommendations? | The Boneyard

Podcast recommendations?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Watcha got?

I've been pretty stuck in my usual suspects - This American Life, Planet Money, Fresh AIr (mainly the author interviews), Freakonomics, Radiolab etc. Looking for something new. I've tried some of the true crime stuff. Some is really interesting, others awful. Got any favorites in that genre?

Tried Rogan's podcast, and couldn't get into it. Have never really liked sports podcasts.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Not true crime, but I recommend Making Sense (Sam Harris)

Rogan has some great shows but also a lot of turkeys. Oddly, the turkeys are where he should be most comfortable, with other comedians. Also can do without all the MMA stuff, but that's just me. Still, when he gets an actual smart person on, he raises his game.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I am also a big fan of Sam Harris's Making Sense.

I also highly recommend Desert Island Discs, a BBC series that dates back to the early 1940s. Each episode features an interview with a person of some note (famous actors, singers, politicians, scientists, entrepreneurs, etc.) who is the figurative "castaway" and has to pick eight recordings, one book (other than the Bible and the Complete Works of William Shakespeare, both of which are provided) and one luxury item.

The interviewer is excellent and each one is a fascinating listen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom