Podcast on Patriots Move to Hartford | The Boneyard

Podcast on Patriots Move to Hartford

Reaction Score
Hi all,

I know we're starved for content. For some time I've been working on putting a podcast together around the Patriots and the ill-fated deal to bring them to Hartford. The episodes will be posting soon (have a lot of the key players from the CT side of things, with some MA perspective thrown in there). Trailer for the pod can be found here:

Feel free to subscribe to The Connecticut Scoreboard Podcast wherever you listen to pods to get notified of the first episode's release (or follow on Twitter @CTScoreboardPod).

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
What am I missing? Tear open old wound, add salt, then enjoy? I'm not a Pats guy, but I am someone that would like to see CT succeed so from that POV this story hurts.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
What am I missing? Tear open old wound, add salt, then enjoy? I'm not a Pats guy, but I am someone that would like to see CT succeed so from that POV this story hurts.

My thoughts exactly... What's the difference between gwhuskyfan and a sadist? Newer youtube videos? We are all already UConn football fans addicted to the Boneyard, isn't that punishment enough?
2a20521e69172e98a18984f62e0204e9.jpg

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I'm a hater due to this incident. Used to be a fan.

Reaction Score
The NFL didn't want this to happen for optics, leaving the Bay area. Otherwise, this stadium would have been far more fun than Foxborough.

Reaction Score
Slime ball that is the owner of the Patriots. Rowland got reeled in by this master liar. first, thanks to state legislators in Hartford they insisted the site be in Hartford. All along the best location is where the rent is. Then as the state spent a few million in design and site plans with the contractual guarantee the patriots would not deal with anyone else but Connecticut, the NFL was secretly dealing with the Mass. legislators. In the mean time with the promise of coming to Connecticut, the governor set up a team to sell tickets for the last season in Mass. When the deal fell apart and the NFL deal exposed the 30,000 season ticket holders wanted their $$$ back. Kraft left town and told them to enjoy the ride to Foxboro, To this day I won't root for the Patriots

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
To this day I won't root for the Patriots
AMEN!
I'm in the same boat and would add the UConn connection with a shared tenant for the stadium. That's where they really toyed with my emotions. I pretty much went from fan back to the late 70's to a hater overnight.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Kraft still owes me my $75 deposit. I was gonna buy season tix just for the Jets game.

Reaction Score
As long as we're going down this road, my 2 cents:
1. Once the Patriots got into the conversation, the planned 55K domed stadium to house Huskies football, men's & women's hoops, & to be used as a concert venue went the way of the DODO bird. While Yo Adrien promised a 64 K outdoor venue, the Huskydome was better suited for UConn's needs.
2. The Kraft's shell game wasn't the first time that the Patriots baited the State with a carrot. There was a full page article in the Boston Globe in the late 70s to mid 80s about the Patriots building an NFL Stadium on land at the entrance to Lake Compounce in Bristol, basically across the street from ESPN who was said to be a major proponent. Residents in both Bristol & Southington were up in arms about the possible traffic nightmare on game day at Exit 31 of I-84. This lasted for a week or so until the Patriots put the rumor to rest. (But the Globe sold a lot of papers in that week.)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Slime ball that is the owner of the Patriots. Rowland got reeled in by this master liar. first, thanks to state legislators in Hartford they insisted the site be in Hartford. All along the best location is where the rent is.
If it wasn't in Hartford, then what was the point of the state putting up so much money?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It was a scam from day 1. Trust me, I was there.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Did you ask for it? I got my hundy back.

I did whatever I was supposed to do at the time regarding requesting a refund. Unfortunately, I moved from CT to Quincy during that time, new email address, new bank account, new phone, etc. so that may have played a role.

Reaction Score
I was listening to a show on the Patriot's Flagship Station last week. Kind of a history of the Patriots. Bob Kraft said he left over a billion dollars on the table by coming back to Massachusetts. The guarantees that Connecticut made to him were huge. Sounds as if the deal could have hurt Connecticut financially if the deal actually happened.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was listening to a show on the Patriot's Flagship Station last week. Kind of a history of the Patriots. Bob Kraft said he left over a billion dollars on the table by coming back to Massachusetts. The guarantees that Connecticut made to him were huge. Sounds as if the deal could have hurt Connecticut financially if the deal actually happened.
They should have used half that money to save the Whale. Hartford could have been the Green Bay of the NHL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom