Podcast - Jim Calhoun talks about decision process for St. Joes job. | The Boneyard

Podcast - Jim Calhoun talks about decision process for St. Joes job.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Right about 19 mins talks about relationship with Ollie and program. Wishes he could be closer but understands need for distance. Ollie feels knows he has to make the program his... I got the sense there is some distance there.

Talks about Alterique and Larrier's potential.

Had his doubt about Cobb, but he looks promising.

Likes the team, surprised if they don't get "close to 20 wins" (!) Better than last year.

Still calls UConn "we."

At first I thought this move was about helping Miller. After listening to this, I feel that he did have an itch to get back into coaching. Misses impacting kids. He had some D1 offers in which he was close.

Interesting, well worth a listen.

Reaction Score
Right about 19 mins talks about relationship with Ollie and program. Wishes he could be closer but understands need for distance. Ollie feels knows he has to make the program his... I got the sense there is some distance there.
Not to be negative but when things aren't working it's O.K. to ask for some help. Running a college basketball program is more than just coaching during practice and games. There are a lot of things that need a good plan and good execution. If things continue not to work Ollie will be out of a job. I guess he has confidence in himself to get this done. I hope like hell it works out.

Reaction Score
If we are only “close to 20 wins”, I’m done with KO. It’s unlikely we are better next year without Jalen. Are you prepared for 2 more <20 win seasons? Sweet Jesus. Who doesn’t think Greg Marshall or Mick Cronin could win 22+ games with this group?

Reaction Score
I dunno he's not obligated to filet UConn or anything - he's not the coach anymore... but publicly not being big on some of the players is pretty telling stuff.

And yeah - if they don't win 20 games this year, Ollie's a goner.

C

Chief00

I dunno he's not obligated to filet UConn or anything - he's not the coach anymore... but publicly not being big on some of the players is pretty telling stuff.

And yeah - if they don't win 20 games this year, Ollie's a goner.

Yeah, his view of Larrier was similar to mine. He has to stop thinking NBA perception every game and just try to become an effective college player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom