Pod: Get to Know Iona with Marist HC | The Boneyard

Pod: Get to Know Iona with Marist HC

Reaction Score
Don't usually drop two in one day, but it's tourney time. Got some time with Marist HC John Dunne who just went up against Iona in the MAAC champ game. We talk about Iona's press, how to game plan for them, and more. Really informative interview. Tomorrow, I'll be dropping part 2 with Siena Coach Carmen Maciariello. His team actually beat Iona earlier this year. Plus he gives you the low down on places to eat in Albany before the game.

Part one:

Reaction Score
Don't usually drop two in one day, but it's tourney time. Got some time with Marist HC John Dunne who just went up against Iona in the MAAC champ game. We talk about Iona's press, how to game plan for them, and more. Really informative interview. Tomorrow, I'll be dropping part 2 with Siena Coach Carmen Maciariello. His team actually beat Iona earlier this year. Plus he gives you the low down on places to eat in Albany before the game.

Part one:

Great job and very timely @gwhuskyfan .. Got him relaxed and he offered some valuable insight.. Surprised at his apparent unfamiliarity with UConn but I guess he was busy coaching his own team.. Sounds like we're gonna have 40 minutes of pressure unless we can get them into foul trouble.

Reaction Score

Part one:

Thanks. Listening when I go to gym shortly. Did u send this to Hurley? :cool:

Reaction Score
Scariest things in that pod (paraphrasing)

1. Rick is probably the best coach at in game adjustments in the tourney

2. We didn’t have guards that could attack the rim and that hurt

As always. Excellent content. Thx.

When r u going national??!

Reaction Score
Jarod - You always do a terrific job with these podcasts. Your upbeat approach and easygoing demeanor make for comfortable guests and excellent content. You can ask tough questions, but you do it while smiling. I'm a fan!

Thanks so much. Appreciate that!

Audio is now out and that includes Siena Coach Carm previewing Iona and the Albany area. Good recs for food! Gotta check out the Coach Carm Parm!

Reaction Score
Jarod - You always do a terrific job with these podcasts. Your upbeat approach and easygoing demeanor make for comfortable guests and excellent content. You can ask tough questions, but you do it while smiling. I'm a fan!
Yeah, personally Jared is my favorite UConn podcast guy. He's that rare breed of good interviewer who asks good questions and provides space for their guests to answer.

Conversely, I appreciate what Dauster has done for UConn, but personally, I'm not a fan of the monologue style of sports talk.

Reaction Score
Yeah, personally Jared is my favorite UConn podcast guy. He's that rare breed of good interviewer who asks good questions and provides space for their guests to answer.

Conversely, I appreciate what Dauster has done for UConn, but personally, I'm not a fan of the monologue style of sports talk.

Thanks so much! You're too kind!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom