Plenty of good in the expedition | The Boneyard

Plenty of good in the expedition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Shot better than 50%, out rebounded them 43-26 and FT were about 80%. Enoch showed some great stuff in his 2nd game though needs to get more boards. Adams is the real deal. The team love at the end after Foxen dunked really made me happy to see. Brotherhood.

But can somebody please tell Sam Cassell to square up and take a proper jump shot? He looks like a rag doll being tossed about when he leaves his feet. Totally off balance most of the time.

Reaction Score
Sam shot same exact way in juco. Saw him several times. Not much hope from me there.

Love hearing about Enoch! Think he can be a monster in time.

Reaction Score
Should I expect an upload in about 20 minutes @tcf15 ? No way I could have watched here in Vegas.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Agree on the Sam Cassell stuff. Honestly depth is great, but I hope he doesn't get much court time this season, because that would mean that we are desperate due to bad performance or injury.

I get the value of another ball handler on the court, but those 3-4 shots he is guarenteed to take will invariably all be misses.

Reaction Score
This team is starting to remind me of the KOs junior year. Great running team. Multiple scorers.

Reaction Score
I wasn't happy to see Omar brick a bunch of threes. Omar's shooting results looked very similar to the last two years. I still think the shot looks a little better. He throwing it less. I assume he's getting a tad more lift in his legs. Nonetheless, the results really stunk today.

Also, his handle is a little better. Not incredible, but definitely a little more comfortable with the ball with his head up.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
I wasn't happy to see Omar brick a bunch of threes. Omar's shooting results looked very similar to the last two years. I still think the shot looks a little better. He throwing it less. I assume he's getting a tad more lift in his legs. Nonetheless, the results really stunk today.

Also, his handle is a little better. Not incredible, but definitely a little more comfortable with the ball with his head up.
He had some nice short jumpers that fell today toward the end of the game.

Reaction Score
3pt shooting was dismal today. 2 for 13 is not going to get it done against better teams. Omar 0-4, Cassell 1-3, Rodney 0-2. Gibbs only took one and miss it and Hamilton made 1-2. That said, I really just wanted to see us score 80 and hold them to 50 or less and they did that.

Reaction Score
NDakotaHusky said:
I wasn't happy to see Omar brick a bunch of threes. Omar's shooting results looked very similar to the last two years. I still think the shot looks a little better. He throwing it less. I assume he's getting a tad more lift in his legs. Nonetheless, the results really stunk today. Also, his handle is a little better. Not incredible, but definitely a little more comfortable with the ball with his head up.

Omar looks light years better than last year. Bouncy, aggressive and confident.

Reaction Score
Omar looks light years better than last year. Bouncy, aggressive and confident.
I guess I sorta agree. Definitely looks more active, but the 4 bricks scared me. It kinda reminds me of the last two years. I was optimistic, but then he started doing nothing but launch bricks. But he got some rebounds today. Scored a few garbage points. Handled the ball halfway decent. I suppose if we get that type of production in big games we should be satisfied.

Reaction Score
I just don't know how you watch him now and thinks he looks like last year. As far as him doing nothing but launching bricks, I guess we're seeing different things. He's far more active and, by the way, knocked down a bunch of jumpers in the second half.

Reaction Score
I wonder about the lighting. They say MSG is a notoriously difficult arena to shoot in because of the lighting. Well, Gampel now has a similar style of lighting.

And even if it still had its old style, they don't practice there anymore. The vast majority of their shooting is done in a completely differently spaced area, with completely different lighting. I understand KO does have them shoot in Gampel before games for these exact reasons, but it has to make you think.

Reaction Score
My comment about launching nothing but bricks was a reference to last year and his limited play from 2 years ago. I was optimistic then as well. I'm just very reserved about Omar after seeing four missed threes today. Overall, I'm seeing a lot of what you are seeing. Definitely with you as far as his activity is concerned.

Reaction Score
I wonder about the lighting. They say MSG is a notoriously difficult arena to shoot in because of the lighting. Well, Gampel now has a similar style of lighting.

And even if it still had its old style, they don't practice there anymore. The vast majority of their shooting is done in a completely differently spaced area, with completely different lighting. I understand KO does have them shoot in Gampel before games for these exact reasons, but it has to make you think.

The game was in Hartford

Reaction Score
I think Omar can go either way.
I can see him hitting high 30s and being a contributor and by January he has conquered his yips. I can also see him press too much, start bricking again and losing confidence, and be buried on the bench by January.
This is why sport is worth watching.
Goes without saying that I'd love for him and the team if he just got in a nice groove and stopped worrying about whether he can shoot. He can.

Reaction Score
I am very dissapointed to see 18 replies and not a single donner party or Lewis & Clark Joke. The BoneYard clearly is also in preseason form.

Reaction Score
Been thinking about today's game some more. The team looks a lot more comfortable with the ball. Not just the guards. Guys like Brimah, Facey, etc... They all catch and swing the ball much better. Today we had 9 turnovers despite the fact that we pushed a ragged style. Last week we had 12 turnovers I think. I consider those pretty good numbers. Especially considering the style we are trying to dictate.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
4 assists for Rodney and had a couple nice setups that didn't produce buckets clearly reads boneyard.

People ripped on me for saying he could be a playmaker. I stand by it. By no means will he be top 3 on the team in that regard, but he can be enough imo

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
intlzncster said:
People ripped on me for saying he could be a playmaker. I stand by it. By no means will he be top 3 on the team in that regard, but he can be enough imo
He's so strong to the rim, if he can keep defenses honest with the occasional dish to big once he hits paint it will open things up for him.

C

Chief00

Omar will be fine this year. Sam JR is an important part of the fabric of the team on and off the court. It's great when he can get in and knock down a couple shots. Everyone is happy. If you think his value to the team is him going 3-3 or 1-4 you miss the point of a lot of stuff that happens in the team dynamic off the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom