Please remember that Tennessee won a NC with a 29-10 record | The Boneyard

Please remember that Tennessee won a NC with a 29-10 record

Reaction Score
Please remember that the 1996-97 Tennessee basketball team won a National Championship with a 29-10 record. With that being said are all of the UConn setbacks that have taken place this season finally over with? I really hope so. There are plenty of games left to be played. But it has been a hell of a coaster ride. From what I have read the only players that have played in every game this season are Evina Westbrook and Aaliyah Edwards. We have lost Saylor and Mir to transfer. We have lost Aubrey for the season to injury. We have had games cancelled due to Covid. I have lost track of when all the other players were hurt or when they returned. We lost the coach to sickness. Yes, we are all waiting on Paige’s return. Will she or can she be our savior for this season? I believe that she can and will be. However, everyone else has to play above their norm. I also think that the lineup changes for the 20th time this season after Paige is cleared to play. You cannot deny that Azzi has benefited from Caroline’s absence. But CD is still needed in the starting lineup. I would love to see Geno go with a four guard offense; PB, , CW and CD plus Ono. Sorry Nika!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
With that being said are all of the UConn setbacks that have taken place this season finally over with?
We should probably wait and re-visit this at about 7:00 PM EST tonight and take it day by day from there before we start talking about a Championship. I'm not about trying to replicate anything TN-past, present or future.

Reaction Score
Nothing exists at this point in time except tonight's game against DePaul.
Win that and then we can worry about everything else.
And Nika doesn't have to start in order to impact the game. maybe she can fill Aubrey's empty slot by infusing her energy into a critical moment when coming off the bench.

Reaction Score
Please remember that the 1996-97 Tennessee basketball team won a National Championship with a 29-10 record. With that being said are all of the UConn setbacks that have taken place this season finally over with? I really hope so. There are plenty of games left to be played. But it has been a hell of a coaster ride. From what I have read the only players that have played in every game this season are Evina Westbrook and Aaliyah Edwards. We have lost Saylor and Mir to transfer. We have lost Aubrey for the season to injury. We have had games cancelled due to Covid. I have lost track of when all the other players were hurt or when they returned. We lost the coach to sickness. Yes, we are all waiting on Paige’s return. Will she or can she be our savior for this season? I believe that she can and will be. However, everyone else has to play above their norm. I also think that the lineup changes for the 20th time this season after Paige is cleared to play. You cannot deny that Azzi has benefited from Caroline’s absence. But CD is still needed in the starting lineup. I would love to see Geno go with a four guard offense; PB, Azzi Fudd, CW and CD plus Ono. Sorry Nika!
Reminds me that my daughter's high school [Christ the King] teammate - Chamique Holdsclaw - led Tennessee to the '97 National Championship .. and the year before ['96] .. and the year after ['98] ... exceptional!

Reaction Score
Y
Reminds me that my daughter's high school [Christ the King] teammate - Chamique Holdsclaw - led Tennessee to the '97 National Championship .. and the year before ['96] .. and the year after ['98] ... exceptional!
ypu had to reminded of that really

Reaction Score
My buddy actually drove, with wife, (I think they didn't last much longer together after that....:oops:)...to Iowa City from Conn., 2200 miles round-trip...:confused::confused::confused:, for that regional.....-- first to see undefeated UC edge Illinois,
minus just-injured Shea :(:(:(, then LOSE to 10-loss UT there........nice 1100-mile ride home........

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom