Please help me- Olympic WBB schedule for Team USA? | The Boneyard

Please help me- Olympic WBB schedule for Team USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
My apologies, as I'm feeling lethargic and disoriented. Can someone post or link to the WBB schedule (I.e., next game/time/channel)?

If you have the same info for the men's team as well, I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks so much,

Alex

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Carnac posted this in a previous thread:

USA Women's 1st game is this Sunday August 7 vs Senegal @ 11:00 am EST

Group A
Australia
Belarus
Brazil
France
Japan
Turkey

Group B
USA
Canada
China
Senegal
Serbia
Spain

All the women's basketball games will be on NBC Sports Network with the exception of the gold medal game, which will be on NBC.

The women's basketball competition begins on Aug. 6 and ends with the gold medal game on Saturday, Aug. 20.

The 12 teams competing in women's basketball are split into two groups during the preliminary round. The top four teams in each group will advance to the quarterfinals. The United States will compete in Group B along with Canada, China, Serbia, Spain and Senegal.

Here is the preliminary round schedule for the USA: (all times ET)

Aug. 7: Senegal vs. USA, 11 a.m.
Aug. 8: USA vs. Spain, 11 a.m.
Aug. 10: USA vs. Serbia, 2:30 p.m.
Aug. 12: USA vs. Canada, 2:30 p.m.
Aug. 14: USA vs. China, 11:15 a.m.

The quarterfinals will be on Tuesday Aug 16.

The semifinals will be on Thursday, Aug. 18.

The gold medal game will be played on Saturday, Aug. 20 at 2:30 p.m.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Holy smokes! I'm so glad I looked at this schedule because I thought the first game was to be played on Monday.

A game at least every other day until August 20, assuming the US gets to the gold medal game.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Hmmm. Senegal. Is that kinda like UCONN vs SMU?
No. More like UConn vs Lubbuck Christian..........an exhibition game. Team USA will have to struggle to keep their point total under 100 points. It won't be close. Senegal is not a power team. Their overall talent level is nowhere near team USA.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Thanks to all for responding. I figured out the mechanism to watch USA-China men's ball, and I think I will be able to get to USA-Senegal WBB.

Exciting times!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
No. More like UConn vs Lubbuck Christian.....an exhibition game
So that means Senegal will play the USA in the Gold medal game

Carnac

Reaction Score
So that means Senegal will play the USA in the Gold medal game

DaddyC, we both know you're being fecious. I called this one correctly. I said inresponse to a UConn vs SMU reference: "No. More like UConn vs Lubbuck Christian.....an exhibition game. Team USA will have to struggle to keep their point total under 100 points. It won't be close. Senegal is not a power team. Their overall talent level is nowhere near team USA" No player on Senegal's team could make the USA roster.

Game #1 Final score: USA 121 - Senegal 56. I said Team USA would score at least 100 points. They did. In fact, they set a new team record for points scored in a single game with 121 points. I said it would'nt be close, it wasn't. Team USA won by 65 points. To borrow a term used by Tony Kornheiser (Mr. Tony) "I believe I had that". ;) So, now I'll ask YOU a question oh inquisitive one,...................How ya like me now? :rolleyes:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
DaddyC, we both know you're being fecious. I called this one correctly. I said inresponse to a UConn vs SMU reference: "No. More like UConn vs Lubbuck Christian.....an exhibition game. Team USA will have to struggle to keep their point total under 100 points. It won't be close. Senegal is not a power team. Their overall talent level is nowhere near team USA" No player on Senegal's team could make the USA roster.

Game #1 Final score: USA 121 - Senegal 56. I said Team USA would score at least 100 points. They did. In fact, they set a new team record for points scored in a single game with 121 points. I said it would'nt be close, it wasn't. Team USA won by 65 points. To borrow a term used by Tony Kornheiser (Mr. Tony) "I believe I had that". ;) So, now I'll ask YOU a question oh inquisitive one,....How ya like me now? :rolleyes:
Were you just being "fecicious"?

Carnac

Reaction Score
Were you just being "fecicious"?

In a word, yes. Pardon my spelling faux pas. Sometimes I get carried away. I've never been a good speller (thank God for spell check). It looked good to me at the time. I don't type by touch. I've never have a typing lesson/class in my life. C'mon JordyG, it's Sunday, gimmie a break. :oops:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks to all for responding. I figured out the mechanism to watch USA-China men's ball, and I think I will be able to get to USA-Senegal WBB.

Exciting times!

Are you OK? Should we be concerned?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
In a word, yes. Pardon my spelling faux pas. Sometimes I get carried away. I've never been a good speller (thank God for spell check). It looked good to me at the time. I don't type by touch. I've never have a typing lesson/class in my life. C'mon JordyG, it's Sunday, gimmie a break. :oops:
Break given absolutily. Abosulity. Absolutionaly. Unsolvabley. I just proposed to Ms. Spella Czek.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Break given absolutily. Abosulity. Absolutionaly. Unsolvabley. I just proposed to Ms. Spella Czek.

Thanks, You're a good egg Jordy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS