Please give us UConn Mens BB soon..... | The Boneyard

Please give us UConn Mens BB soon.....

Reaction Score
I fully understand it was necessary to pause again (yes health comes first) but I hope:
  • we are fortunate enough to have a continuous / no-pause February starting on the 6th
  • we win more games than we lose in February
  • we are lucky enough to have James Bouknight resume (& maybe end) his college career on a very positive note
  • we see our our seniors (Polley / Whaley / Carlton) thrive to end UConn tenures on high notes
  • we see the best that our UConn team as a whole can offer
  • we gain an NCAA berth in the top half of the bracket (7th seed or higher) but honestly any berth will do DH ?
  • the BE kicks but in the Tourney....oh yeah, please have there be a Tourney

Bless all the troops & the heroic healthcare / frontline workers!

CBB is small in this world but also a tremendous blessing imo.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is the only covid break I'm on board with only because of the Bouknight injury on top of Gaffney being hurt and Jackson being out. Unless there is a team outbreak there is no reason for a 2 week shutdown. Cancelling games over contact tracing is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
This is the only covid break I'm on board with only because of the Bouknight injury on top of Gaffney being hurt and Jackson being out. Unless there is a team outbreak there is no reason for a 2 week shutdown. Cancelling games over contact tracing is ridiculous.
Gaff?

Reaction Score
Did we ever find out if anyone tested positive? Have we been practicing?

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I fully understand it was necessary to pause again (yes health comes first) but I hope:
  • we are fortunate enough to have a continuous / no-pause February starting on the 6th
  • we win more games than we lose in February
  • we are lucky enough to have James Bouknight resume (& maybe end) his college career on a very positive note
  • we see our our seniors (Polley / Whaley / Carlton) thrive to end UConn tenures on high notes
  • we see the best that our UConn team as a whole can offer
  • we gain an NCAA berth in the top half of the bracket (7th seed or higher) but honestly any berth will do DH ?
  • the BE kicks but in the Tourney....oh yeah, please have there be a Tourney

Bless all the troops & the heroic healthcare / frontline workers!

CBB is small in this world but also a tremendous blessing imo.
Thank you for that wonderful post

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We just need games for the NCAA tournament. I don't care if they are Big East or whoever. Hurley should have scheduled the highest NET team he could get within 200 miles to play us this week. Just play someone.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I like our beat writers for the most part, but is this normal to be completely shutout like this with absolutely 0 information for days on end? Not even a tiny update, such as, "men have been shutdown but have been getting shots up, or doing drills, or yes they have been practicing. Saw Ajax putting up shots, etc..."

This is terrible. Give us something. The silence is the absolute worst with so many days between games.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I like our beat writers for the most part, but is this normal to be completely shutout like this with absolutely 0 information for days on end? Not even a tiny update, such as, "men have been shutdown but have been getting shots up, or doing drills, or yes they have been practicing. Saw Ajax putting up shots, etc..."

This is terrible. Give us something. The silence is the absolute worst with so many days between games.

Counterpoint: UConn Comms/SID has to give them (and the fans) something. The last time this happened they did schedule a video call with Benedict and Hurley back to back days with the media. The school has said nothing in a week, equally if not more reprehensible. Hard to keep a fanbase engaged when you don't engage them.

Reaction Score
It literally feels like a month since they’ve played. Some teams have played nearly twice as many games as UConn. Hoping that the vaccine, combined with millions already having anti-bodies from covid, will decrease the chance of another “pause”.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The whole thing is head scratching
1. Nobody from the team - spokesperson or AD area (attn Phil Chardis) says anything
2. I still don't get how two teams play on the same floor at the same time and a ref tests positive the next day. One team continues playing while the other sits for what seems to be weeks
3. Why isn't UConn playing basketball???? If it's due to the injuries - not at all saying it is - but if there is even a hint of it - I have lost a ton of competitive respect for DH. Is someone on UConn team or anyone affiliated with the program tested positive? If so, why the secret?

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
We just need games for the NCAA tournament. I don't care if they are Big East or whoever. Hurley should have scheduled the highest NET team he could get within 200 miles to play us this week. Just play someone.
Hurley not wanting to play badly enough is not the issue. I can assure you.

Reaction Score
The whole thing is head scratching
1. Nobody from the team - spokesperson or AD area (attn Phil Chardis) says anything
2. I still don't get how two teams play on the same floor at the same time and a ref tests positive the next day. One team continues playing while the other sits for what seems to be weeks
3. Why isn't UConn playing basketball???? If it's due to the injuries - not at all saying it is - but if there is even a hint of it - I have lost a ton of competitive respect for DH. Is someone on UConn team or anyone affiliated with the program tested positive? If so, why the secret?

How freaking hard is it to get. The state is dictating this, not the staff. For .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom