PlayStation Vue Just Added CBS Sports Network | The Boneyard

PlayStation Vue Just Added CBS Sports Network

Reaction Score
So one would need to buy a Playstation they pay even more to be able to stream this channel?

Reaction Score
Does XBox have anything similar? I have an XBox One and have never heard of a similar platform from Microsoft.

Reaction Score
So one would need to buy a Playstation they pay even more to be able to stream this channel?

No, you don't necessarily have to purchase a Playstation to use the Vue app. This is a list of compatible devices which is listed here.

What devices are supported on PlayStation™Vue?

You can enjoy PlayStation™Vue on a variety of devices, including:

• PlayStation®4 consoles
  • PlayStation®3 consoles
  • Roku® streaming devices (firmware 7.1 and up)
  • Amazon Fire TV (all gens)
  • Apple TV® (4th gen running OS 10.0 and up)
  • Android TV (Android OS 4.4 and up)
  • On the web at psvue.com/watch (most recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge, as well as previous “ever-green” versions. PlayStation™Vue on the Web requires Flash Player.)

Mobile and tablet devices:
  • iOS devices: iPad Mini 1st Gen or later, iPad 2 or later running iOS 7.0 or iOS 8.0, iPhone 5 or later, iPod Touch 4th Gen or later
  • Android: Android phones and tablets running Android OS version 4.4 or higher
  • Amazon: Fire HD6 tablets and above
  • Google Chromecast (1st gen and up)

Mobile and Web:
  • To use PlayStation Vue on a mobile device you will need to have already set up a profile on your desktop computer at psvue.com/watch, or on a TV-connected device such as a PS4™ or PS3™ console, Amazon Fire TV, Roku® streaming device, Apple TV®, or Android TV. If you download and open PlayStation™Vue on your phone or tablet without a valid subscription or established home location, you will be prompted to complete the subscription process through one of the supported devices listed above. Read more about setting up a profile.
  • PlayStation Vue on the web at psvue.com/watch follows mobile streaming rights, with the same programming availability as on phones and tablets.
  • The same blackout rules apply on a supported mobile phone, tablet, and desktop browser as they do on PlayStation Vue on a TV-connected device.
  • NFL games are restricted on a mobile phone or tablet device. NFL Network, however, is available on a mobile phone.
  • Some channels are restricted outside of your home network.
Apple TV® and Roku® streaming devices: If you have an Apple TV® or Roku® streaming device, you will need to activate the device. Learn more about device activation for Apple TV® and Roku® streaming devices.

Subscription management: You cannot subscribe to PlayStation™Vue or manage your subscription through Roku® streaming devices, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, or through the mobile app. You can sign up for PlayStation Vue or manage your subscription on the web at psvue.com/subscribe, or on a PS4™ or PS3™ console. Read more about how to subscribe to PlayStation™Vue or manage your subscription.

Simultaneous streaming: You can use PlayStation™ on up to five devices at the same time (simultaneous streaming restrictions apply). Read more about simultaneous streaming.

Need help setting up your device on PlayStation™Vue? Visit device activation.

Reaction Score
Wow, that's a game changer for me. The only reason I still had cable TV was due to CBS Sports Network.

Anyone ever use the Cloud DVR?
The DVR works pretty well for most programming. If you "favorite a show," e.g., NCAA Football, the DVR will record all NCAA football for the season. That gives you a 28-day window to watch any games from the date that they originally aired. If you didn't favorite the game in your favorites list, you can go back in the guide (up to ten days) and select it from there. The only negative I've found with Vue is that if a game runs into OT, sometimes the DVR cuts off the end of the programming which originally extended into a new broadcast window. In that case, I'll just use WatchESPN to catch the end of the game. The CBS Sports Network has an app which should be available soon to Vue subscribers, but I haven't tried it.

One other thing that I like about Vue is being able to make multiple profiles for multiple people across multiple devices. I made a profile called "sports," grouped all that content at the front of the guide, so I don't have to search around for it on gameday. Additionally, I can access my profile from any device on the network. Also if you've favorited "NCAA Football," all those games will appear chronologically at the bottom of the main screen so they're easy to access.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I highly, highly recommend buying an Amazon Fire TV stick whether or not you plan on looking into PS Vue (which it supports, along with Sling and all the other similar services), especially over a Chromecast. It's only $40 or cheaper if you find it on an Amazon sale and will give you everything you need to watch the internet streaming services, it even lets you cast online streams from your phone or laptop to your tv screen like a Google Chromecast, it's how I have been watching most of the UConn games on CBSSN on the TV as opposed to sitting in front of the laptop since the channel isn't offered by my cable provider.

Reaction Score
Wow, that's a game changer for me. The only reason I still had cable TV was due to CBS Sports Network.

Anyone ever use the Cloud DVR?

I didn't see this mentioned here...

CBS content saved to the DVR can only be replayed on your home network. Not sure if any other content also falls into that category.

Reaction Score
Does XBox have anything similar? I have an XBox One and have never heard of a similar platform from Microsoft.

I believe both Hulu and Sling play on the xBox. Sony obviously is not very motivated to play on xbox.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I have been watching most of the UConn games on CBSSN on the TV as opposed to sitting in front of the laptop since the channel isn't offered by my cable provider.
So how do you get it? Is there a separate streaming fee?

BUConn10

Reaction Score
So how do you get it? Is there a separate streaming fee?
Are you referring to the Anazon Fire TV Stick? It is a stand-alone device sold by Amazon and at some retailers like Best Buy and Walmart. It basically looks like a USB drive that goes into the HDMI port in back of your TV. Once you hook it up you switch the the input and you can essentially navigate their App Store and download all the streaming service apps (almost all free to download, but the subscriptions are handled on each service's website). If you already are subscribed to a service the Fire Stick supports you are ready to go, just log in once the app downloads and you are good to go. I may need some more clarification regarding what exactly would have a fee. It using and operating your Fire Stick has no fee besides buying the device. All the fees come from the service subscriptions. PM me if you have any questions about it I'll help you out.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Are you referring to the Anazon Fire TV Stick? It is a stand-alone device sold by Amazon and at some retailers like Best Buy and Walmart. It basically looks like a USB drive that goes into the HDMI port in back of your TV. Once you hook it up you switch the the input and you can essentially navigate their App Store and download all the streaming service apps (almost all free to download, but the subscriptions are handled on each service's website). If you already are subscribed to a service the Fire Stick supports you are ready to go, just log in once the app downloads and you are good to go. I may need some more clarification regarding what exactly would have a fee. It using and operating your Fire Stick has no fee besides buying the device. All the fees come from the service subscriptions. PM me if you have any questions about it I'll help you out.
No I was refering to CBSSN. You said:

I have been watching most of the UConn games on CBSSN on the TV as opposed to sitting in front of the laptop since the channel isn't offered by my cable provider.

So I was wondering how you got CBSSN without a subscription through your cable provider.

(FYI- I have used Chromecast in the past but I've abandoned it in favor just using a smart tv.)

BUConn10

Reaction Score
No I was refering to CBSSN. You said:

So I was wondering how you got CBSSN without a subscription through your cable provider.

(FYI- I have used Chromecast in the past but I've abandoned it in favor just using a smart tv.)
Ahhhhh I see what you mean now. The streams I was referring to are of the non-legal variety. I find most of the games on bosscast.net or similar sites. If you send me a PM before games I'll send you a link, which you can then cast to your chromecast or Fire TV.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom