Playing Jonathan the UConn Mascot is a family tradion. | The Boneyard

Playing Jonathan the UConn Mascot is a family tradion.

Reaction Score
Playing Jonathan the UConn mascot is a family tradition

>>Two generations of this Connecticut family have proudly donned the giant husky dog head and suit and clowned around at football games and other events.

“It’s a whole mindset. You really get into it. It’s a lot of fun,” said Joe Briody ’86 (BUS), ’95 MA, ’96 Ph.D. His children, Caitlin ’17 (CLAS) and Patrick, who is currently a junior, recently were Jonathans as well.

So far, four Briodys have played the spirited dog, high-fiving fans, posing for photos, and engaging in general husky high jinks. “I thought it would be cool to carry on the tradition and be part of it,” Caitlin said. “We’re a big UConn family. So it’s cool to represent the school that way.”<<

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That’s awesome! My nephew played Jonathan when he was in school. He was a Sports Management major and did a lot of PR stuff. He was at the ceremony when Sonic first opened in CT, but his 15 minutes of fame is the late night snack bit.

I love that Jonathan, at least the white dog, always maintained a specific personality. Jonathan is Jonathan, he doesn't vary based upon the who is in the suit. The late night snack video is cannon about Jonathan. The attitude and open dislike of the fruit is perfect.

Reaction Score
I knew a Jonathan guy when I was there, he actually didn’t seem to like it much.

Kid was a total degenerate drunk though (which is a lot coming from me) and apparently was always horribly hung-over doing early afternoon Women’s games

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom