Playing defense without fouling. | The Boneyard

Playing defense without fouling.

Reaction Score
This is an area where the team has definitely improved over the course of the first few games. In the first four games we committed 24, 21, 21 and 21 personal fouls. Many of them silly and far from the basket.

In the past two games we were called for 17 and 14 fouls. It's a significant improvement. Some of it is that our rotations have been better, fastest, more aggressive. It is easier to play defense when you are in the right place. It's tough when you are chasing.

But a lot of it is just smarter individual defense. Just as intense but less reaching, better foot movement, better body control. As much as we play man to man stout individual defense is an absolute necessity.

It's really nice to watch. DePaul and Marquette were clearly frustrated and we wore them out. If we can maintain the relentless defensive pressure without fouling it will be a warm winter. It hasn't led to many steals or fast breaks yet. But keep playing defense like this and it will.

Reaction Score
This reminds me to give a little shout out to Sanogo. I thought he did a much better job on defense last night than any other game so far. He keeps that up and he's going to play more. Has a nice touch around the basket and is active.

Reaction Score
This reminds me to give a little shout out to Sanogo. I thought he did a much better job on defense last night than any other game so far. He keeps that up and he's going to play more. Has a nice touch around the basket and is active.
I noticed that too early on last night. I thought he was playing pretty good d and thought to myself "is this the same guy that everybody claims is so lost on defense because he looks pretty good tonight". I'd love to see him get more minutes.

Reaction Score
He had a really good game. A bs call defending off ball in the post seemed to have ruined his rhythm in the 1st half. Overall had a solid game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom