Playing 40 full minutes | The Boneyard

Playing 40 full minutes

Reaction Score
Having watched close to 90% of the games the last 5 years I really don't ever remembering us playing a "full 40 minutes". The criteria being we have no sustained runs allowed against us 10+ points for over 5 min/gm. The last complete game we played under Ollie was the 14 National Title game. Go through the games and you'll see that you don't need to play the full 40, but have to be able to maintain consistency on both ends of the floor to create an identity. We don't need perfect players, or the perfect playbook to turn this program around. We need an identity and an alpha to hold everyone accountable for their actions on and off the court. We need proud players that are thick skinned and willing to lay it all on the line for the best interest of the Uconn brand. KO needs to find the leader that will keep people in check to create an identity for this squad. We need to build off our strengths and put people in position to succeed. Stop doing the same thing over and over. Get rid of the selfishness and start playing for the front of the jersey.

Reaction Score
Yeah, of course I agree with playing the full 40 minutes with players who never quit and all that but, we have had a deficit of talent in key positions that is holding KO back. Who’s responsible for that? KO. We don’t have that strong power forward or that knockdown 3 point shooter, and our 5 is lacking too. Coach K could not be that much better with these players.

Reaction Score
I think you would be hard pressed to find any team that has not given up a run that resulted in a deficit of 10 or more during that run in even a 2 year span. Even Duke, just last night, was down 18-4 to start the game. Also, runs of 10+ swings often happen in March, even to the best teams.

I am more concerned about how Uconn responds to those 14-2 or 16-3 type runs. Duke won last night, nice response! How about Uconn? So far, ehhhh.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom