Players' Tribune: Essence Carson tells her story ... | The Boneyard

Players' Tribune: Essence Carson tells her story ...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If you are rooting against the team, do you really want to like some of their players? :confused:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Although it wasn't mentioned in this essay, I read elsewhere that E was a 3X Defensive POY in the Big East.

Word!

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I don't think it is that hardcore. For me, it is fun to have an us against them mentality during the games. The time to appreciate how wonderful your opponents are as human beings occurs after the series. :D

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I can't say I feel her life. I grew up in a safe place, no ghetto.
But I did grow up 8 miles from Paterson, and I have been there.
But I can't say I feel her life.
I was never a Rutgers hater. I myself had 3 semesters at Rutgers, and maybe she trod the same paths as I did.
I was never nearby a drive-by, but the Picture Man tale brought me back to when I devoured all the info about a drive-by in Compton, where the victim was the sister of Venus and Serena. And I think of these age-mate Sisters to Essence, also coming out of the ghetto.
So now Ms. Carson is 2/3 nerd and one third cool, cause she's added nerd-writer to he proclivities.
But I can't say I feel her life, but I can say my chest is full with her story. Way to go, woman.

Reaction Score
Walk a mile in my shoes. An idiomatic expression? I get it. Crime pays. Not only did someone steal Elvis' shoes, but was a mile away from the scene of the crime. Success! :)

Reaction Score
Essence Carson, It was reported that, at the time, she was studying piano at Rutgers. I never heard her play piano, but I sure saw her play basketball. She was scary good with the trey !

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Essence Carson, It was reported that, at the time, she was studying piano at Rutgers. I never heard her play piano, but I sure saw her play basketball. She was scary good with the trey !
She played on some program (about RU?) that I saw - she was still a student I think. She also accompanied (on a keyboard) a team-mate who sang the National Anthem one game, and you could tell she was shy even about such a modest role.

The making of Essence was the Imus Incident. In RU's response, she found her voice and became a leader. So glad she has had post RU success.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom