Players' postgame interview | The Boneyard

Players' postgame interview

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I feel for Saniya - she alone (with Tierney) has to walk away after coming so close. The rest can channel their emotions into thoughts of next year.

Also, it might be just me, but in Gabby I sense the same hurt that the others have but a little stiffer spine in her reaction. A sense of resolution and strength.

I'm reminded of the pain on Maya's face and in her voice during her final presser. Much more raw than these interviews from last night. Like a great lion mortally wounded.

Reaction Score
Agree that the players handled the toughest moment of their young careers with great grace. Lots of praise for MSU and their tough defense, while also acknowledging where they came up short. I also think it was an awesome display of their human emotion. Geno tells us over and over how hard it is/has been to do what they do. Their tears and disappointment finally make that real.

I was certainly disappointed when they lost, and I know none of them wanted to let down the fans, their iconic predecessors, and each other, but I have to feel like once the initial shock of this loss is gone, the returning players will be able to channel this experience and play much more freely over the coming seasons. No burden of a streak or carrying on where other teams left off.

The 2017-2018 season is a fresh start with renewed perspective. Here's to a lot of fun to come!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom