Players Post Game Video Comments - Houston Game | The Boneyard

Players Post Game Video Comments - Houston Game

Reaction Score
I love how they shoulder the responsibility. Kept repeating that they should not have started like that and no excuses. Just have to fix it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I love how they shoulder the responsibility. Kept repeating that they should not have started like that and no excuses. Just have to fix it.

Took the words out of my mouth. They, collectively, own it.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Most teams that win a game by 49 points would be ecstatic, and their coach pleased. All's good with a blowout win like that, right? Not in Geno's program. Geno's displeasure with "how the team played", is a reminder of what he preaches on a daily basis. "It not who we play, but HOW we play".

As we all saw this morning, UConn came out sluggish and lethargic, missing open shots and lay-ups. They even allow Houston to take a brief 2 point lead at 8-6 in the opening minutes of the game. Maybe it was the early wake-up call this morning, or maybe some of the girls didn't get their morning cup of Joe. Geno wasn't amused/pleased, and he said so during the brief SNY half time media interview with Justine Ward.

They returned from the break to right the ship, executed plays, and play defense for the most part, to Geno's satisfaction. I was glad to see that Kia Nurse's injury was minor, and she was able to return to the game. Also interesting that Lou was able to receive a "shiner" under her left eye during the East Carolina game, and no foul was called on that play.

Last edited:

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
... I was glad to see that Kia Nurse's injury was minor, and she was able to return to the game. Also interesting that Lou was able to receive a "shiner" under her left eye during the East Carolina game, and no foul was called on that play.

Agreed, Soothsayer. I was afraid it was something much, much worse. She appeared to land awkwardly, then walked to the bench with unsteady steps. You know what that too often means, especially in women's hoops.

As to The KLS bashing session otherwise known as the ECU game, I think her fall was so dramatic that the refs thought it was a flop. I don't know if the coaches really saw what happened, as they would have had good reason to flip out if they had seen it. Or at least try to get a replay.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom