Players height | The Boneyard

Players height

Reaction Score
Does anyone know the actual height of the players. It seems they post the same number when they were
In high school.

Reaction Score
in sneakers or bare feet? Hard to know that.....................I'm not sure even the players know or care once they reach college................

Reaction Score
Who knows. KLS for example has been called anything from 6-2 to 6-5 this year during TV broadcasts. ONO is often referred to as 6-4 when I think she is really 6-5. It's one of those things we'll never truly know along with how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Who knows. KLS for example has been called anything from 6-2 to 6-5 this year during TV broadcasts. ONO is often referred to as 6-4 when I think she is really 6-5. It's one of those things we'll never truly know along with how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop.
My wife is a Tootsie Roll Pop aficionado . I am sure she knows the average number of licks it takes to get to the center. As to the young ladies height, she is not at all certain. She did say they were all taller than she is, though. Perhaps there is no interrelatedness between the two? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Athletic ability and desire are much more important. I would rather see those 2 things in a 6 foot player than a 6' 5" player who does not possess those 2 qualities.....I will always remember "6 foot" Shea Ralph battling the big "guys" under the boards.

Reaction Score
Athletic ability and desire are much more important. I would rather see those 2 things in a 6 foot player than a 6' 5" player who does not possess those 2 qualities.....I will always remember "6 foot" Shea Ralph battling the big "guys" under the boards.
And I loved opening jump balls with 5’11” Gabby almost always winning the tip.

Reaction Score

yes and no..........................let's see how next year's team rebounds without the 6'3" KLS and 6'2" NC..............

Reaction Score
On the men's side, almost all of the heights are measured with shoes on. Roster heights can easily be compared to official heights, with and without shoes, measured at the combine. Of course some heights are also exaggerated but not the majority of the players who attend the combine.

As for heights being the same as HS heights, almost all girls are done growing by Age 17, so their height as seniors in HS usually will be the same when they are seniors in college.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
When are they going to publish weights for WCBB? :)

Reaction Score
For the last 5+ years, the Boneyard has been measuring players’ height in Hartley Units. ;)
Yep, I recall ONO was measured 1.2225 Hartley units. (in round numbers), Then WNBA uses Jefferson not size--heart.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
On the men's side, almost all of the heights are measured with shoes on. Roster heights can easily be compared to official heights, with and without shoes, measured at the combine. Of course some heights are also exaggerated but not the majority of the players who attend the combine.

As for heights being the same as HS heights, almost all girls are done growing by Age 17, so their height as seniors in HS usually will be the same when they are seniors in college.
I thought that most females stopped growing vertically around 8th or 9th grade (14 or so). There are exceptions, of course, like A'ja Wilson.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom