Players Back on Campus | The Boneyard

Players Back on Campus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Andre Johnson sighting in there. Looks like we’re still waiting on Clingan, Alleyne, and Hendry. Can’t wait to see more of the summer content so I can wildly overreact to one minute long videos.
Where was Johnson? Was he #14?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Things were love to see.

Sanogo working on passing from the paint drills (yes hammer that all summer)

Andre Jackson quick shooting and driving drills.

They improve in those areas to become complete players and this team is scary scary good. Going to be hard to find a better perimeter than Newton, Hawkins, and AJax to go along with one of the best big in the country.

Reaction Score
I have this feeling Karaban will be starting at some point this season
I see him as a huge wildcard who could start/be a major contributor... or just get spot minutes if Hurley is playing a frontcourt of Jackson, Johnson, Sanogo for extended minutes with success. It depends on his defense and if he makes shots...I know he's a shooter but sometimes freshmen shooters can still put up bad percentages.

Reaction Score
I see him as a huge wildcard who could start/be a major contributor... or just get spot minutes if Hurley is playing a frontcourt of Jackson, Johnson, Sanogo for extended minutes with success. It depends on his defense and if he makes shots...I know he's a shooter but sometimes freshmen shooters can still put up bad percentages.
And at this point I think the same could be equally said about Johnson getting less minutes than Karaban. I really don't think anyone not on the staff/seeing them in practice every day can venture an assumption either way.

Reaction Score
And at this point I think the same could be equally said about Johnson getting less minutes than Karaban. I really don't think anyone not on the staff/seeing them in practice every day can venture an assumption either way.
It’s hard to imagine a high 100 recruit freshman outplaying a top 60 sophomore player with experience. But I don’t care who steps ups as long as someone does at the 4.

Reaction Score
It’s hard to imagine a high 100 recruit freshman outplaying a top 60 sophomore player with experience. But I don’t care who steps ups as long as someone does at the 4.
I hear ya, but with Johnson being fairly inexperienced there's a chance that Karaban is ahead of him developmentally at the start of the year (even though Johnson might have the higher long term upside).

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
It’s hard to imagine a high 100 recruit freshman outplaying a top 60 sophomore player with experience
Well, we all know that those rankings are etched in stone tablets by the hand of God, and passed down by the High Priests of High School Player Evaluation, so I hear you.

Reaction Score
Karaban was rated around 60 and Johnson in the 30’s

Reaction Score

Johnson couldn't touch the floor his freshman year. There's a pretty high likelihood he was poorly evaluated coming out of HS. I hope that's not true, but thinking otherwise seems like sticking your head in the sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom