Player | The Boneyard

Player

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
The first time Crystal "Danger" Dangerfield stepped on the court I said she was special, and I never compared her to Mo. Mo was a very special floor general (point guard), but even she didn't break players ankles and make them fall.

I was watching the half time show, and they showed the play where Crystal did the moves that broke the player ankles, and made her lose balance, and she had to put both hands on the court to keep from falling. Go head "Danger".

Reaction Score
The first time Crystal "Danger" Dangerfield stepped on the court I said she was special, and I never compared her to Mo. Mo was a very special floor general (point guard), but even she didn't break players ankles and make them fall.

I was watching the half time show, and they showed the play where Crystal did the moves that broke the player ankles, and made her lose balance, and she had to put both hands on the court to keep from falling. Go head "Danger".
I'm impressed with Dangerfield but you're wrong about Mo. Watch the replay of the '15 South Carolina game and see what she did to two different SC defenders.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
I'm impressed with Dangerfield but you're wrong about Mo. Watch the replay of the '15 South Carolina game and see what she did to two different SC defenders.

I still remember the play in the South Carolina game when Mo drove toward the basket, stopped and dribbled the ball between her legs, shook off the defender who lunged when Mo stopped, and then took one or two more dribbles to reach the basket and lay the ball in unmolested -- all in a flash of two or three seconds. Wow!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Mo had the best hesitation drive I've ever seen in WBB, but not as a freshman. It's going to be a lot of fun to watch Danger develop over the next 3 years.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Mo broke their ankles, but she didn't make any players lose balance to where they had to support themselves to keep from falling. Cuevas and the senior (can't remember name right now) didn't lose their balance.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Mo broke their ankles, but she didn't make any players lose balance to where they had to support themselves to keep from falling. Cuevas and the senior (can't remember name right now) didn't lose their balance.

The other "senior" player for SC was Tina Roy.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
The other "senior" player for SC was Tina Roy.
Yes. Thank you!! The only thing that kept coming to my mind was Troy, and I knew that wasn't it.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

That is a function of the defender and their general sense of balance and recovery. To me, both moves were exceptional and score a 10. :D

Reaction Score
Mo had the best hesitation drive I've ever seen in WBB, but not as a freshman. It's going to be a lot of fun to watch Danger develop over the next 3 years.
Yea, when you only weigh 55 lbs you can stop and go on a dime.:D

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
That is a function of the defender and their general sense of balance and recovery. To me, both moves were exceptional and score a 10. :D
In the words of Andy Lander, "somebody help that girl, pick that girl up, she might be hurt". I totally agree. They both get 10.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Loved Geno's comment about her range during the presser - something like, the basket is just a suggestion.
I think he said it was only a rumor. Same idea. And that she makes her own 3-point line. Ha!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I have a feeling that we're going to see a lot of "ankle breaking" by Miss Dangerfield before she moves on to the next level of play. Once she learns how to control her quickness (when to use it) and speed just like Mo had to (Meighan Simmons - Tennessee had the same problem when she was a freshman) , she'll be confusing defenders in every game. Crystal can change directions in 1 step, and do it quickly. NO doubt we'll see that stop and go move again.....and soon. There are some very quick guards in D1. Few are as quick as Crystal. I'll bet they ran that play back a few times in the UConn film session. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom