OT: Player who didn’t make the baseball Hall of Fame that you think should? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Player who didn’t make the baseball Hall of Fame that you think should?

Who should be a hall of gamer before time runs out?

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Baseball Hall of Fame is now the Baseball Hall of Very Good. The whole thing has become a bit of a joke.

They keep out the best players of all-time (Bonds, Clemens, and Rose) and put in Harold friggin' Baines. I like Baines but making him a Hall of Famer is crazy town. Since Baines just made it now they have to put in Edgar but how does one justify Edgar getting in over Larry Walker? I also really like Mussina but do people actually think he was better than Schilling.

Bagwell and Piazza had to wait forever and then a guy like Harold Baines gets let in. It's all sort of ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Baseball Hall of Fame is now the Baseball Hall of Very Good. The whole thing has become a bit of a joke.

They keep out the best players of all-time (Bonds, Clemens, and Rose) and put in Harold friggin' Baines. I like Baines but making him a Hall of Famer is crazy town. Since Baines just made it now they have to put in Edgar but how does one justify Edgar getting in over Larry Walker? I also really like Mussina but do people actually think he was better than Schilling.

Bagwell and Piazza had to wait forever and then a guy like Harold Baines gets let in. It's all sort of ridiculous.

Mussina better full career than Schilling so yes I like that this happened. Bagwell - cheater has no right to be in before Bonds as well as Piazza same stuff. Get some consistency and stop with the ridiculousness.

Reaction Score
Mussina better full career than Schilling so yes I like that this happened. Bagwell - cheater has no right to be in before Bonds as well as Piazza same stuff. Get some consistency and stop with the ridiculousness.
You're insanely naive. Over half of baseball was juicing. It's bad enough they keep the best players ever out for cheating, you want to keep people out with no evidence of cheating.

Reaction Score
Not Bonds. Never. He should be expunged from baseball. He destroyed the most important record in American sports. Every know 714. Everyone knows 755. Who cares what Bonds achieved? I can't even tell you the number. It's not important anymore.

Bonds is the poster boy for steroids and he can suffer for them all because his crime was the greatest. The only atonement he can make is to have his stats erased and the record reset to 755. Never forget. Never forgive. Never.

Reaction Score
You're insanely naive. Over half of baseball was juicing. It's bad enough they keep the best players ever out for cheating, you want to keep people out with no evidence of cheating.

No I'm not I'm honest about the obvious sj. Bonds was twice if not even more the player Bagwell was before both figured cheating was the way. It's not close - Bonds already a .320/30/120 guy and a great OFer and speed while Bagwell was a decent player at best until he changes into the Hulk. Naive is what you are thinking I'm afraid. I know everyone was cheating but the Astro's were way out in front ask Caminitti who was great friends as well as his best buddy the 2nd baseman turned OFer/HOFer. They were all just good baseball players while Bonds prior to taking the crap was already great. Don't want to hear of "no evidence" watch the bodies change, it's simple. From a 6 3/4 hat to 8 1/4 doesn't hurt the obvious either.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score

My position on Clemens and Bonds as stated by someone who was just inducted into the Hall of Fame. RIP.

Reaction Score
Not Bonds. Never. He should be expunged from baseball. He destroyed the most important record in American sports. Every know 714. Everyone knows 755. Who cares what Bonds achieved? I can't even tell you the number. It's not important anymore.

Bonds is the poster boy for steroids and he can suffer for them all because his crime was the greatest. The only atonement he can make is to have his stats erased and the record reset to 755. Never forget. Never forgive. Never.

Sosa and McGuwire ruined that well before Bonds please. Sosa wasn't even a good baseball player until he cheated and McGwire wasn't Bonds or close. Barry did it because these 2 didn't deserve the limelight and everyone that played knew it. Shame on Barry for caving but shame on baseball for allowing such a fake HR derby.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Sosa and McGuwire ruined that well before Bonds please. Sosa wasn't even a good baseball player until he cheated and McGwire wasn't Bonds or close. Barry did it because these 2 didn't deserve the limelight and everyone that played knew it. Shame on Barry for caving but shame on baseball for allowing such a fake HR derby.

idk 98 Home Run chase with Mcgwire and Sosa was the most fun regular season of baseball in my lifetime. And watching Bonds break that one was also enjoyable. Loved watching the pitchers sweat.

I don't see why records like that matter so much anyway. Guy like Ruth played when it was 6-packs and prostitutes during the 7th inning stretch. Guys threw like 60mph. Game got much, much, much harder. Difference between now and the 70s is light years. That's why the records haven't been broken.

Not remotely comparable to today.

Reaction Score

My position on Clemens and Bonds as stated by someone who was just inducted into the Hall of Fame. RIP.

And Arod, and Papi, and half of their teammates. It is what it is.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I'm one of the guys that doesn't want to believe guys like Papi and Piazza did it simply because there was only low level suspicion. Maybe it's ignorance or wishful thinking, but nobody testified in Court that they did so I tend to side with them over Bonds and Clemens.

Reaction Score
No I'm not I'm honest about the obvious sj. Bonds was twice if not even more the player Bagwell was before both figured cheating was the way. It's not close - Bonds already a .320/30/120 guy and a great OFer and speed while Bagwell was a decent player at best until he changes into the Hulk. Naive is what you are thinking I'm afraid. I know everyone was cheating but the Astro's were way out in front ask Caminitti who was great friends as well as his best buddy the 2nd baseman turned OFer/HOFer. They were all just good baseball players while Bonds prior to taking the crap was already great. Don't want to hear of "no evidence" watch the bodies change, it's simple. From a 6 3/4 hat to 8 1/4 doesn't hurt the obvious either.
There is so much wrong with this post I'm not even going to bother picking it apart. I'll chalk it up to boozing.

Reaction Score
There is so much wrong with this post I'm not even going to bother picking it apart. I'll chalk it up to boozing.

Not boozing not sure what's wrong you're kidding right? Naive is you sj sorry, you honestly believe your CT guy wasn't a cheater LOL hilarious. He was never as good as Bonds never.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Don't even know if Doc did them either. You really don't. All you can do is compare guys to their peers.

Reaction Score
Not boozing not sure what's wrong you're kidding right? Naive is you sj sorry, you honestly believe your CT guy wasn't a cheater LOL hilarious. He was never as good as Bonds never.
I assumed you're drinking because you're saying crazy things I never said. This is two posts in a row where you're making up some crazy thing that "Bagwell was never as good as Bonds." No shart.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Dave Parker. Incredible talent that should outweigh the off field stuff

I HATE that there's an 'off the field' bias for sportswriters. It's the Baseball Hall of Fame. Not the Life Hall of Fame.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I HATE that there's an 'off the field' bias for sportswriters. It's the Baseball Hall of Fame. Not the Life Hall of Fame.
This is why I feel that Pete Rose should be in, but not Bonds and Clemens as their off the field activities directly correlated with their on the field results.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Lou Whitaker has a top 50 career WAR -- he's overlooked because he doesn't have otherworldly counting numbers. Better career WAR than Frankie Frisch and Reggie Jackson.

Lou was my "other" vote. You forgot to mention Whitaker also has a higher career bWAR than Jeter - in two fewer seasons. Jeter is assumed to be a 1st ballot entry. Whitaker also has a higher fWAR than Barry Larkin, Paul Molitor, Ozzie Smith, Willie McCovey, Robin Yount, Craig Biggio and a cast of dozens more already in the HoF.

Reaction Score
I assumed you're drinking because you're saying crazy things I never said. This is two posts in a row where you're making up some crazy thing that "Bagwell was never as good as Bonds." No shart.

Huh? Why should he be in and not Bonds then? I mean you said I'm leaving the "best players out with no evidence", hep me understand who you mean then? Best player was Bonds HPFer without cheating. Bagwell, nice player no sniff of the HOF without cheating..help me understand what you're missing sj?

Is it Jack Daniels?

Reaction Score
It's the worst, I can't stand Schilling ss a human being but it has nothing to do with how good he was. I also love a bunch of people who know nothing about PED's and lifting weights making judgements on who they "think" or "know" used gear. These morons still pretend it was just a couple handfuls of guys or a couple dozen.

Reaction Score
Growing up in the 90s-00s Andruw Jones made it cool to play outfield when most kids wanted to be Nomar or Jeter. Remarkable defender with his signature shallow alignment. Hit over 400 dingers but he took a million seasons to do so. Also, there aren’t many .250 career hitters in the HOF.
Unfortunately that last statement is right. While moving in the right direction, there are still far too many antiquated views on things like batting average amongst baseball writers.

Reaction Score
Huh? Why should he be in and not Bonds then? I mean you said I'm leaving the "best players out with no evidence", hep me understand who you mean then? Best player was Bonds HPFer without cheating. Bagwell, nice player no sniff of the HOF without cheating..help me understand what you're missing sj?

Is it Jack Daniels?
Not trying to be a jerk but you really need help with your reading comprehension...

Reaction Score
Not trying to be a jerk but you really need help with your reading comprehension...

:eek: don't think so. Maybe you need to explain better. Bagwell waited too long? I hear ya on Baines but Bagwell shouldn't be there either, what am I missing? LOL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom