Player/Team Improvement | The Boneyard

Player/Team Improvement

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Twenty four games into the season and I was wondering if I've seen any improvement this season. The only thing I could think of is that Josh Carlton has gotten better. Other than that I can't think of any player or any aspect of the team overall that has gotten better as the season has progressed. I realize the horse has been beat dead, nonetheless usually you can point to a few areas of improvement during a tough season. Anyone care to cheer me up?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Jalen is a better free throw shooter now I believe.

Reaction Score
Carlton has clearly improved, but he needs to get stronger.

Whaley has gotten better. He averaged 6.5 minutes the first 11 games with 2 DNPs, but he has averaged 22.5 minutes the last 13 games. He is averaging ~2 blocks per game over the last 13 games. Unfortunately, he still has freshmen inconsistency and he is not really ready to physically compete. Look at the last 5 games. Against SMU and Temple, Whaley played 46 minutes with 14 points, 12 rebounds, and 3 blocks. In the last 3 games against UCF, Cincinnati, and USF, Whaley has played 52 minutes with 4 points, 1 rebound, and 4 blocks.

Polley was given the chance to be a major contributer at the start of the season, but his minutes have been reduced since he was a non-factor in the Columbia OT game in which he played 26 minutes and had 2 points and 1 rebound. He played 37 minutes vs SMU with 7 points and 5 rebounds, but then he played 20 minutes vs Temple and had 0 points and 1 rebound. He has performed like an inconsistent freshman and he needs to work on his game and strength in the offseason.

Larrier has been a better 3 point shooter, but his movement and strength don't seem to have recovered from his knee injury. He looks like he needs another offseason to recover.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom