Player Rankings by Class - Final Rankings | The Boneyard

Player Rankings by Class - Final Rankings

Reaction Score
The junior rankings are a hot mess. Aja Wilson is the only one I would even consider above Gabby. KIA should be top ten.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
She lost me on the first scroll-down. Is it too much trouble for her to spell "Wiese" and "Akhator" correctly?

ETA: But I give her props because her top-5 freshmen are the same as mine.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Porter at Missouri is a sophomore. She came in with Sophie Cunningham.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So, Lou and Pheesa share yet another award. They really are twins.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Evidently I feel asleep and woke up in the Twilight Zone. In my old world, I thought I saw Gabby outplay the top 3 players on the Junior List in head to head matchups AND those matchup weren't even close. Even though Turner came alive a bit in the late 3rd quarter to finish with decent numbers, authorities are still looking for Gabby as she stole Turners lunch money...I do wonder on what basis the evaluations were predicated.

Reaction Score
UConn players are at a disadvantage on this kind of list because the Huskies are typically unselfish and are surrounded by great players, so their individual stats are relatively modest (except maybe assists) compared to what they would be if they played on almost any other team. A strong player who is on a team with mediocre players often looks much better stat-wise and in relative importance to her team . How many teams would have pulled a player who had hit 10 straight threes? How many points and assists would a certain 5'5" Freshman have scored on any other team in the country? What would the stats look like for a player who makes almost 50% of her shots, 40% of her threes, 80% from the free throw line, is a precise passer and and plays excellent Defense if she was something other than a "mere" 5th starter?

It makes it all the more impressive that Lou and Pheesa are still at the top of their list. In reality Gabby and Crystal would (should) be higher if the list was based on quality of play rather than stats

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Asia Durr had some injuries and the usual freshman adjustment last year. This year, she may have been the best player on her team. She has had a nice season.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
UConn players are at a disadvantage on this kind of list because the Huskies are typically unselfish and are surrounded by great players, so their individual stats are relatively modest (except maybe assists) compared to what they would be if they played on almost any other team. A strong player who is on a team with mediocre players often looks much better stat-wise and in relative importance to her team . How many teams would have pulled a player who had hit 10 straight threes? How many points and assists would a certain 5'5" Freshman have scored on any other team in the country? What would the stats look like for a player who makes almost 50% of her shots, 40% of her threes, 80% from the free throw line, is a precise passer and and plays excellent Defense if she was something other than a "mere" 5th starter?

It makes it all the more impressive that Lou and Pheesa are still at the top of their list. In reality Gabby and Crystal would (should) be higher if the list was based on quality of play rather than stats

Actually, I think it's extremely rare for any team, even the ones with "selfish" players, to have 2 players averaging 20+ ppg each. Heck, for UConn it's extremely rare to have even one player averaging over 20.

Reaction Score
I can't say I know enough about other team's players, but I really believe Gabby and Kia are too low on this list.

Also, just to nitpick, on the Sophomore list, since Pheesa and KLS are tied in first place, the next player's rank should be 3. and not 2., and so on down the list.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Durr has had an outstanding year by any measure: 18.8 ppg and shooting over 40% from 3.
Durr had a very good freshman year as well and was "placed" ahead of KLS on preseason AA lists. Well, we see how that has worked out. Now Destiny Slocam started out better than Crystal Dangerfield before Kia was hurt. We are now seeing a more confident Crystal Dangerfield and my guess is her evolution will also propell her past Destiny, who is still a very good player, just won't be as good as Crystal Dangerfield:D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom