Plan your AAC Tournament Trip now | The Boneyard

Plan your AAC Tournament Trip now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Southwest has a pretty good deal going on now if you can travel mid-week. We just booked 2 flights to Tampa the week of the AAC tournament for 440. total. I figure we can fill in the blanks later.

Reaction Score
Southwest has a pretty good deal going on now if you can travel mid-week. We just booked 2 flights to Tampa the week of the AAC tournament for 440. total. I figure we can fill in the blanks later.
Isn't the tournament in Orlando?

Reaction Score
We're probably going to go because one of our friends has a place near Disney we can stay at. What's the difference in cost to fly to Tampa instead of Orlando?

Reaction Score
Flying into Orlando should be about the same and maybe a little less expensive. Orlando usually has cheap flights as they just want people to go to Orlando and then spend money at all the attractions. Less money for flight means more money to spend at their places.

Not sure of the exact dates of the tournament but if you took a Tuesday-Tuesday trip with Jet Blue its 231 roundtrip into Orlando. I just used March 8-15

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Only a 70 mile drive. If you're renting a car anyway (and you would in Orlando), and Tampa is cheaper, why not go for it.

Orlando is a few bucks more expensive for the same days. I hate Orlando and plan to drive over just for the semis and Final. Also, I was able to get on the non-stop for both flights.

Reaction Score
Might as well enjoy the beaches in Tampa area bc Orlando has none.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Crud. Forgot the tournament is in Orlando next two years. My wife is going to insist we go in March and that means another trip to Disney. Not sure I'll win this one.

She's a big fan of the team and we survived 38 years with compromise. Translation: I won't be able to lawyer her up about the fact she's as big a fan as I am. If she even sniffs Disney I know I'm going to hear her say she is going to the tournament for me, bat her adorable eyes and cuddle up until I consider a day in the park which, those of you who are married a long time, understands it will turn into two days because she will push for the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. If I'm grouchy and resist this, level two in the couple wars begins. Being a dumb male there's a better than 50/50 chance it goes to level two. Won't win that one which makes me wonder why I just don't accept level one and get brownie points.

6 hour drive so flights are not an issue. Maybe my brother will give me usage of a time share and I can minimize costs. I hate you Waquoit. I was just getting ready for the Army game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom