PK80 Change of Date??? | The Boneyard

PK80 Change of Date???

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I know there have been a number of posts about PK80 to be held in Eugene on November 25. However that is the same date as the Oregon/Oregon St. Civil War (football game) also being held in Eugene... The place will be a madhouse!!!

I have been told by an Oregon football season's ticket holder who is also going to go to the PK80 games that ESPN has allowed a switch in the date of the PK80 WBB tournament to Friday, November 24.

I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere... It's not on the Oregon wbb web site (still says November 25) nor on the UConn web site...

Anyone have any contacts that could confirm this one way or the other??? Nike??? Oregon??? UConn???

Reaction Score
I know there have been a number of posts about PK80 to be held in Eugene on November 25. However that is the same date as the Oregon/Oregon St. Civil War (football game) also being held in Eugene... The place will be a madhouse!!!

I have been told by an Oregon football season's ticket holder who is also going to go to the PK80 games that ESPN has allowed a switch in the date of the PK80 WBB tournament to Friday, November 24.

I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere... It's not on the Oregon wbb web site (still says November 25) nor on the UConn web site...

Anyone have any contacts that could confirm this one way or the other??? Nike??? Oregon??? UConn???
PK80 is scheduled for Portland - not Eugene.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
I believe that the men's side of the tournament is in Portland; the women's (involving only UCONN, UO, Oklahoma, and Michigan State) is in Eugne.

CTyankee

Reaction Score
The question is not the location of the WBB games, it's the date of the games. The WBB games are in Eugene.

Reaction Score
I have no inside info - but I'd be somewhat surprised if they change the date. The football game originally was supposed to be played on Friday, but they changed it to Saturday because Oregon's men team plays Thursday, Friday, and Sunday in Portland. With the change, their fans can see the football game and all three men's games. I know the women don't draw as well as the men, but they have a fairly good following and I doubt Oregon wants to siphon off any fans from the men or the women by having them both play on Friday. I think a more likely scenario might be to have the football game at 1 PM PST and then the basketball doubleheader in the evening of the same day. That way their fans can see all five Oregon games. But all of this is just speculation.

CTyankee

Reaction Score
That feels better than what I was told of the rumor. Makes more sense.

Gonna hit the upper coast to see our women and take in the football game and then onto Reno to watch Gabby get her homecoming.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom