Pittsburgh game 1-13-88 | The Boneyard

Pittsburgh game 1-13-88

Reaction Score
At Pitt. The refs put time back on the clock to let Pitt beat us.

Calhoun went nuts after the game. Our AD, Todd Turner, went after the Big East leadership and got them to admit what the refs did was wrong. The Big East apologized to UConn. Calhoun never took sh%t from the refs again.

Just a history lesson why we shouldn't and can not put up with this cr*p. I know there are BYers who remember. We went on to win the NIT. A huge stepping stone in our progress as a national power.

We have to stop putting up with this nonsense. And Ollie needs to learn to work the refs.

Reaction Score
At the very least ask Calhoun to sit behind the bench as a fan and work the refs til he gets tossed

Reaction Score
they should play snippets of Calhoun chewing out refs on the jumbotron from time to time.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yes Pal, I remember that well
Was with you on this but you just had to add the parting remark.
Were you at the game?
I was and KO was all over the refs, almost begging for a T but they would not T him up.
The one time they were really warning KO they were showing him the outlines of the coaching box
KO just laughed at them and the crowd behind KO went nuts on the ref
The Cinci fans (all who looked like 1st cousins of the West Virginia fan base) were making the T signal and UConn fans were shouting something I couldn't quite make out and waving an appropriate finger at some of the Cinci fans who were egging them on

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom